Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Daz Bes said:
bluemoon32 said:
Like everyone else, i'd be gutted if Eto'o signed for the rags, would be a huge kick in the bollocks.
Really! I can honestly say that I wouldn't look at it like that. If we didn't sign either Tevez or Eto'o then yes, i'd be gutted but if Eto'o says no then so be it, move on. He is a great player without doubt but lets not be held to ransom, he either wants to join City or not.

I wouldn't feel let down if Eto'o didn't sign for us as that's his choice & at the end of the day you have to respect that, him signing for Utd though would hurt like fcuk.
If he doesn't sign for us then i hope he stays at Barcelona.

svennis pennis said:
Barca need our money to finance their moves. Even if the rags wanted him they will be paying on the drip. IMO this is why they can't compete with us or Madrid. We are both paying cash upfront. Il say it again, they have no chance.

It is rare to pay fees upfront and I am certain RM will also be paying over the entire contract, obviously we paid them £33m (ish) for Robbie upfront and now they sign players on 5 year deals giving them the ability to spend the 33m upfront and an overall spending power of £165m (33*5)....how much have they "spent" this summer? Obviously they need to worry about the future payments but that has never struck me as something that concerns spanish football.

Now I am not sure of the terms of the Eto'o deal but Barca would probably be able to negotiate the Eto'o fee all upfront to give them an increased spending power...this may prove to be the key to the loyality payment issue....we pay upfront they drip feed him his payment over his 5year deal

svennis pennis said:
It's not even up for discussion. Christ, Custis has just been on ssn doing the back pages and called the journalist who wrote it bitter.
No, he called Rob Beasley bitter for the "Question John Terry must answer" piece.

Andy Dunn wrote the Eto'o-United story.

metalblue said:
svennis pennis said:
Barca need our money to finance their moves. Even if the rags wanted him they will be paying on the drip. IMO this is why they can't compete with us or Madrid. We are both paying cash upfront. Il say it again, they have no chance.

It is rare to pay fees upfront and I am certain RM will also be paying over the entire contract, obviously we paid them £33m (ish) for Robbie upfront and now they sign players on 5 year deals giving them the ability to spend the 33m upfront and an overall spending power of £165m (33*5)....how much have they "spent" this summer? Obviously they need to worry about the future payments but that has never struck me as something that concerns spanish football.

Now I am not sure of the terms of the Eto'o deal but Barca would probably be able to negotiate the Eto'o fee all upfront to give them an increased spending power...this may prove to be the key to the loyality payment issue....we pay upfront they drip feed him his payment over his 5year deal
madrid payed the £80 million up front to united for tranny

i just think the article is speculating, as people have said before it doesnt mention the rags ahve actually made an approach just that etoo would be happy to go for less money. the story probably came from the quotes that eto'o would rather have champions league football with notw putting there owt twist on it. still confident about him comin to us the and hope it gets sorted with in the next week or so

This is complete tripe to unstell us by the Rag Journalists at the NOTW. Everybody knows taht Eto is money orientated and their is no way UTD could match his pay demands.

I thought the rags had a policy of not spending big money on players over 26

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/17/manchester-united-transfer-policy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... fer-policy</a>

Taylor said:
bluevengence said:
I thought the rags had a policy of not spending big money on players over 26

They do have a policy that is why this is a non-starter

This ^^^^^^ its a load of fuckin shite and none of the rag supporters even want him at that price. How would that fat twat rooney react or Wio to Eto'o coming in and being the highest paid player?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.