Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

bizzbo said:
cyclops said:
You Sir are a Genius.

I didn't understand a word of that but it sure sounded clever

your IP address is unique, like a telephone number, it's used in (nearly) all communication over the internet, without it, the bluemoon server wouldn't know where to send the info.

you can use a 'proxy server' to hide it. the server (which has a different address) forwards your request for a page to the bluemoon server, recieves the information, and then forwards it on to you.

some proxy-servers, however, will tell site owners the IP of the person who used it to access their site.

our newest ITK made the fatal mistake of choosing one of these servers, so all Damocles has to do is take the time this guy connected to bluemoon to HostGator, and say, who is this?

You explained that very clearly thank you.

One question though. What is the point of using a proxy-server if the proxy-server will tell someone else who you are?

Damocles said:
bizzbo said:
har har i wonder who it might be. I'd love to see a list of banned users.

The funniest thing on the whole forum is the banned users 'reasons' column of the list.

Ranges from "Wouldn't stop talking about boots" to "Been from Boro, therefore is inbred".

does it have the name of the banning mod as well?

ask ric if we can see it, err, in the name of, err, freedom of information :)

nickson71 said:
simon23 said:
i wasnt really questioning spursmad.....he has one out of three predictions so far....(other two pending ...eto'o and tevez)

this guy has zero out of one right so far....not that much difference

I hope he is wrong but he may not be (he could of course just be shooting wildly in the dark and still get it correct)

just to let you know on here and his native spurs forum spursmad has called the Corluka move to spurs, the allegations about Robbie in Jan, Bridge, RSC, Taylor, Barry and Joe going out on loan

fair enough he has been spot on so far

cyclops said:
One question though. What is the point of using a proxy-server if the proxy-server will tell someone else who you are?
Well you can use a proxy server to acess websites which have been banned by your work (or school as I did). Generally it doesnt really matter if the site knows your IP as someone would have to contact them to get the IP and I doubt you'd be doing covert operations via a proxy!

sam the drummer said:
cyclops said:
Well you can use a proxy server to acess websites which have been banned by your work (or school as I did). Generally it doesnt really matter if the site knows your IP as someone would have to contact them to get the IP and I doubt you'd be doing covert operations via a proxy!

Ahh right I see now. Cheers mate. All clever stuff

simon23 said:
nickson71 said:
simon23 said:
i wasnt really questioning spursmad.....he has one out of three predictions so far....(other two pending ...eto'o and tevez)

this guy has zero out of one right so far....not that much difference

I hope he is wrong but he may not be (he could of course just be shooting wildly in the dark and still get it correct)

just to let you know on here and his native spurs forum spursmad has called the Corluka move to spurs, the allegations about Robbie in Jan, Bridge, RSC, Taylor, Barry and Joe going out on loan

fair enough he has been spot on so far

I'm hoping that his perfect record so far isn't blotted with the pending Eto'o and Tevez deals

he also called the Terry interest before the bid but other posters had mention Terry before this

cyclops said:
bizzbo said:
cyclops said:
You Sir are a Genius.

I didn't understand a word of that but it sure sounded clever

your IP address is unique, like a telephone number, it's used in (nearly) all communication over the internet, without it, the bluemoon server wouldn't know where to send the info.

you can use a 'proxy server' to hide it. the server (which has a different address) forwards your request for a page to the bluemoon server, recieves the information, and then forwards it on to you.

some proxy-servers, however, will tell site owners the IP of the person who used it to access their site.

our newest ITK made the fatal mistake of choosing one of these servers, so all Damocles has to do is take the time this guy connected to bluemoon to HostGator, and say, who is this?

You explained that very clearly thank you.

if you know about this stuff, and are trying to be anonymous, then you use an anonymous proxy server, where they won't pass on the info. a non anonymous proxy is still useful, for example, if people from your country are banned from a website, the owner has probably just banned the IP address ranges for your country.

***edit*** sam beats me this time, nice one our kid :) ***edit***

bizzbo said:
***edit*** sam beats me this time, nice one our kid :) ***edit***
:D :D

All this proxy talk have given me an idea! With all the PRS Google legal battle going on and certain youtube videos getting banned, we could use an American proxy side to watch them.

I think that might work?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.