Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Damocles said:
Damocles said:
I know his IP range from somewhere, but my fucking brain isn't working.
There's something a bit unusual about his connection but I can't think what.

I KNOW WHAT IT IS!!

The guy is using a proxy server to route his connection through before it gets to the forum. Unfortunately for him, he has picked a proxy server owned by HostGator which do not do ANONYMOUS proxy servers. This means someone could easily just ask HostGator (funnily enough a friend off of another forum works for them) and they will provide you with the IP of the originator if you provide them which the connection type (SSL), the serverIP (our IP) and the log time. Now, if only I had some way, nay, some indication of working out the exact time of when you posted...

Oh yeah, top right.

I would bet my bottom dollar that this guy is a banned user, who was banned by IP address and is using a proxy server to access the site.

You Sir are a Genius.

I didn't understand a word of that but it sure sounded clever

Cambridgeblue said:
Blue Coop said:
simon23 said:
there is as much reason to believe this guy as there is spursmad at the moment......just because his post is a negative one doesnt mean that he is wrong (though i do hope he is)

How is that so, Spursmad has a 100% record when it comes to being ITK.

He has already proved he is credible, this new guy hasn't...

This ^^^^

Jesus SImon... spursmad predicted Taylor (Taylor FFS) about a MONTH before it happened.

You might want to change your screename to simplesimon if you believe this Rag piece of shite.

i wasnt really questioning spursmad.....he has one out of three predictions so far....(other two pending ...eto'o and tevez)

this guy has zero out of one right so far....not that much difference

I hope he is wrong but he may not be (he could of course just be shooting wildly in the dark and still get it correct)

Damocles said:
Damocles said:
I know his IP range from somewhere, but my fucking brain isn't working.
There's something a bit unusual about his connection but I can't think what.

I KNOW WHAT IT IS!!

The guy is using a proxy server to route his connection through before it gets to the forum. Unfortunately for him, he has picked a proxy server owned by HostGator which do not do ANONYMOUS proxy servers. This means someone could easily just ask HostGator (funnily enough a friend off of another forum works for them) and they will provide you with the IP of the originator if you provide them which the connection type (SSL), the serverIP (our IP) and the log time. Now, if only I had some way, nay, some indication of working out the exact time of when you posted...

Oh yeah, top right.

I would bet my bottom dollar that this guy is a banned user, who was banned by IP address and is using a proxy server to access the site.

wow!!!!!....i didnt undertand a word of that!!!!!!........sherlock holmes of the internet

bizzbo said:
har har i wonder who it might be. I'd love to see a list of banned users.

The funniest thing on the whole forum is the banned users 'reasons' column of the list.

Ranges from "Wouldn't stop talking about boots" to "Been from Boro, therefore is inbred".

Damocles said:
bizzbo said:
har har i wonder who it might be. I'd love to see a list of banned users.

The funniest thing on the whole forum is the banned users 'reasons' column of the list.

Ranges from "Wouldn't stop talking about boots" to "Been from Boro, therefore is inbred".
PMSL quality

cyclops said:
You Sir are a Genius.

your IP address is unique, like a telephone number, it's used in (nearly) all communication over the internet, without it, the bluemoon server wouldn't know where to send the info.

you can use a 'proxy server' to hide it. the server (which has a different address) forwards your request for a page to the bluemoon server, recieves the information, and then forwards it on to you.

some proxy-servers, however, will tell site owners the IP of the person who used it to access their site.

our newest ITK made the fatal mistake of choosing one of these servers, so all Damocles has to do is take the time this guy connected to bluemoon to HostGator, and say, who is this?

bizzbo said:
cyclops said:
You Sir are a Genius.

your IP address is unique, like a telephone number, it's used in (nearly) all communication over the internet, without it, the bluemoon server wouldn't know where to send the info.

you can use a 'proxy server' to hide it. the server (which has a different address) forwards your request for a page to the bluemoon server, recieves the information, and then forwards it on to you.

some proxy-servers, however, will tell site owners the IP of the person who used it to access their site.

our newest ITK made the fatal mistake of choosing one of these servers, so all Damocles has to do is take the time this guy connected to bluemoon to HostGator, and say, who is this?
Dammit I was half way through explaining it myself! Good job man, I love computers XD

simon23 said:
Cambridgeblue said:
Blue Coop said:
simon23 said:
there is as much reason to believe this guy as there is spursmad at the moment......just because his post is a negative one doesnt mean that he is wrong (though i do hope he is)

How is that so, Spursmad has a 100% record when it comes to being ITK.

He has already proved he is credible, this new guy hasn't...

This ^^^^

Jesus SImon... spursmad predicted Taylor (Taylor FFS) about a MONTH before it happened.

You might want to change your screename to simplesimon if you believe this Rag piece of shite.

i wasnt really questioning spursmad.....he has one out of three predictions so far....(other two pending ...eto'o and tevez)

I hope he is wrong but he may not be (he could of course just be shooting wildly in the dark and still get it correct)

He posted about Barry before the papers did and got RSC bang on too. I have also heard he got Corluka going to the spuds on a Spurs forum last season before it broke in the press.

simon23 said:

just to let you know on here and his native spurs forum spursmad has called the Corluka move to spurs, the allegations about Robbie in Jan, Bridge, RSC, Taylor, Barry and Joe going out on loan

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.