Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Obviously it's Ribery.

Sky Sports News quoting K-H Rummenigge just now that a team are in for Ribery, and it's NOT Real Madrid.

bluemonkey71 said:
not cheap for 70 mill though

Agree monkey man, but it's about supply and demand. With RM snapping everyone who can kick a ball straight, 'Marquee' signings are at a premium.

I wouldn't mind us paying £69m for him, and it'd be hilarious to gazump Chelsea on it too!

I'd be happier for Chelsea to spend 69 mill on him and we get Tevez + Etoo + lescott + 1 other(not Terry)

He'll get kicked to death in the premiership.

bluemonkey71 said:
I'd be happier for Chelsea to spend 69 mill on him and we get Tevez + Etoo + lescott + 1 other(not Terry)

He'll get kicked to death in the premiership.

I'm not sure he would. He's the kind of winger that bounces off defenders, a bit like our own SWP. He's short, but he's stocky. And it looks like someone already tried it and failed! ;)

I've refrained from saying it before to try and stop the bitter disappointment if it doesn't come off, but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE Samu at City. More than Tevez; more than anyone else.

Big_Bad_Bojinov said:
bluemonkey71 said:

Agree monkey man, but it's about supply and demand. With RM snapping everyone who can kick a ball straight, 'Marquee' signings are at a premium.

I wouldn't mind us paying £69m for him, and it'd be hilarious to gazump Chelsea on it too!

just one problem... he wants champions league football.

Jnr Kisby said:
Big_Bad_Bojinov said:
bluemonkey71 said:

Don't they all?! It was a throw away comment really, I'd take Eto'o over Ribery every day of the week. Exactly what we need. Come on Samu!!!!!

Big_Bad_Bojinov said:
Jnr Kisby said:
Big_Bad_Bojinov said:
bluemonkey71 said:

Don't they all?! It was a throw away comment really, I'd take Eto'o over Ribery every day of the week. Exactly what we need. Come on Samu!!!!!
this.

MMA said:
bizzbo said:
one, they don't need a centre forward. they need creative players.
two, they'd have to match our wage offer. terry and lampard have clauses in their contracts to the effect that they will always be top earners at the club...
so they'd have to pay 180k p/w to eto'o, an extra 50k p/w to those two, all for a player they don't need.
Just a suggestion my friend. a superstar whos gettable at the minute is eto. thats all. just a suggestion..
More likely Frank Ribery...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.