Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Article on Terry in the Independent had a little bit at the end on Eto'o.

The view from Barcelona yesterday was that Samuel Eto'o is still not interested in joining City. If a Champions League contender comes calling he will leave but he appears to have nothing to lose by staying, since from January when the striker is out of contract, he can negotiate his own deal away from the club.

Dunno if this is true but I got the idea from spurs mad that the deal was all but done.

jay-lofty said:

The view from Barcelona yesterday was that Samuel Eto'o is still not interested in joining City. If a Champions League contender comes calling he will leave but he appears to have nothing to lose by staying, since from January when the striker is out of contract, he can negotiate his own deal away from the club.

Dunno if this is true but I got the idea from spurs mad that the deal was all but done.

who the fack is spursmad, why do people fawn at what he says? he said ages ago that Tevez, Lescott and Eto's were 100% done deals - well personally I do not think they are, but then I do not know do I, but nor does he. Why do people go on about these ITK's as if they really know what our owners are doing?

jay-lofty said:

I'm sure i've seen direct quotes from his agent stating he'd be delighted to join city!

His agent stated in the press conference that if we could do a deal with barcelona that he would be delighted to come here and on a separate occassion that he would have no problem talking to us they are direct quotes.

That looks like something wrote by the office junior to unneccesarily stir stuff up!

this is starting to piss me off, where are these fucking nob jockies getting the idea hes turned us down from?
i thought we was still in talks trying to sort out all the shite between barca and eto'o! FFS
is everyone reporting hes fucked us off to wind people up coz its working!

I made a conscious decision regarding press reports which was unless it had direct quotes which could be traced back to a person it wasnt worth the paper it was printed on.

So a source close to the player or a club insider is useless unless the person who made the quote is named its a waste of print

BringBackSwales said:
jay-lofty said:

who the fack is spursmad, why do people fawn at what he says? he said ages ago that Tevez, Lescott and Eto's were 100% done deals - well personally I do not think they are, but then I do not know do I, but nor does he. Why do people go on about these ITK's as if they really know what our owners are doing?

You have been registered 5 days !!!!

mancboy123 said:
I made a conscious decision regarding press reports which was unless it had direct quotes which could be traced back to a person it wasnt worth the paper it was printed on.

So a source close to the player or a club insider is useless unless the person who made the quote is named its a waste of print

Absolutely not true - footballers/agents/managers/hangers-on and journos work like this all the time.

That's not to say that ANY story printed in this fashion IS true but to claim the opposite is correct, is wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.