Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Wrighty Wrexham said:
Eto’o will apparently no longer answer his phone to the Barca head honcho:

“I’ve called a couple of times, but he did not answer. I do not know if the number has changed, or if his entourage has told him something.

Eto'o phone home!

PMSL Absolute Class!

Bunk said:
There's two facets to the argument that says the rags will not go for Eto'o

1. They cannot match the wages we've offered him
2. The rags no longer sign players over 26 years of age

To which I reply:

1. *Allegedly* the player would be willing to lower his wage demands for a move to the swamp
2. Michael Owen

1. Thats right a HUGE allegedly.
2. The said BUY they didnt BUY Owen they signed him on a free. Very different.

blueinsa said:
black mamba said:
mancboy123 said:
The rags cannot and will not go toe to toe with us!

The trouble is that they can offer him Champions League football , and rumour has it that Eto'o deems himself only worthy of that!

Don't think that will matter as he is more worried abput his wages than Champo League

mcfc28 said:
Wrighty Wrexham said:
Eto’o will apparently no longer answer his phone to the Barca head honcho:

“I’ve called a couple of times, but he did not answer. I do not know if the number has changed, or if his entourage has told him something.

Eto'o phone home!

PMSL Absolute Class!

LOL Very Funny..... See its not that bad this board... Its just a few morons...

Bazzmand Show said:

That's a good point, I must admit I did not consider that, although I have to say I still don't believe that the rags would not bid cash money for a player over 26 if they felt that the player was perfect for them.

"Barcelona and Valencia have reached a deal that will see David Villa move to Camp Nou and are expected to make an announcement soon, Goal.com has learned.

A source close to Camp Nou has revealed exclusively to this website that the Spanish international striker has had his wish granted and he will join the European champions this summer.

Negotiations have been ongoing between Barça and Valencia and the Catalan club's president Joan Laporta even revealed that a bid had been made during a television interview on Wednesday evening.

Now Goal.com has been told that a deal has been struck and that Villa will be a Barcelona player, although no details of the fee or any of the Blaugrana's squad going in the other direction was divulged.

Laporta suggested that a offer of over €40million had been made and that, allied with los Che's new chief Vicente Soriano's promise to let the player go this year, has meant the treble winners have their man.

The arrival of Villa could speed up the departure of Samuel Eto'o, with both Manchester United and Manchester City linked with the Cameroonian striker, who was Barca's top league scorer last term.

Real Madrid opted not to pursue Villa after being told that he was not for sale and instead forked out a fee of up to €41million to sign Karim Benzema from Olympique Lyonnais."

Bunk said:
Bazzmand Show said:

That's a good point, I must admit I did not consider that, although I have to say I still don't believe that the rags would not bid cash money for a player over 26 if they felt that the player was perfect for them.

I just cant see them buying a 28 year old striker, soon to be 29, for that money whent they need to reinforce their absolute hack of a midfield. Carrick, Anderson, Valencia, Scholes vs Barry, De-Jong, Ireland and Robinho. Im not an expert but I believe our midfield is a class above. They are still in huge amounts of debt and make no mistake, dispite what the media says, that 80 million from lady boy is NOT going to be used solely on transfers.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2175/la-liga/2009/07/09/1373122/pablo-zabaleta-hopeful-of-samuel-etoo-to-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2175/ ... ester-city</a>

didnt sombody quote tht happy blue guy and he sed the rags wil NOT be goin for eto'o

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.