Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

the sun are now going with the same story of barca wanting to offload eto to finance a deal for fabregas

i dont put much credence on this story however as Im sure its just bored journos scouring the internet and then copying the story

simon23 said:
the sun are now going with the same story of barca wanting to offload eto to finance a deal for fabregas

i dont put much credence on this story however as Im sure its just bored journos scouring the internet and then copying the story

I think they want to offload him to pay for someone, whether it's Fabregas or Villa I couldn't really care less, as long as Eto'o comes to us.

The Sun pick up on the 48-hour deadline story...

City D-Day for Eto'o
MANCHESTER CITY have given Barcelona a weekend deadline over Samuel Eto'o.

City thought they had a deal in place when the Spanish giants accepted a £25million offer for the Cameroon hitman.

Eto'o agreed wages of £200,000 a week - after tax - but knows Barca are keen to cash in now with just one season left on his contract.

So he is holding out for half the fee Barca receive, arguing they could lose him for nothing as a free agent next year.

Now City have decided enough is enough and want a definite answer from the Spaniards in 48 hours.

City head to South Africa for their pre-season tour late next week and would like Eto'o by then.

Barcelona claim the player is ducking their attempts to talk.

President Juan Laporta said: "I've called him but he hasn't picked up the phone."

neil jung said:

City D-Day for Eto'o

City thought they had a deal in place when the Spanish giants accepted a £25million offer for the Cameroon hitman.

Eto'o agreed wages of £200,000 a week - after tax - but knows Barca are keen to cash in now with just one season left on his contract.

So he is holding out for half the fee Barca receive, arguing they could lose him for nothing as a free agent next year.

Now City have decided enough is enough and want a definite answer from the Spaniards in 48 hours.

City head to South Africa for their pre-season tour late next week and would like Eto'o by then.

President Juan Laporta said: "I've called him but he hasn't picked up the phone."

In a way i hope this is true as we do need to sort it out......however for a player of this quality i think we should do everything in our power to get him....and that includes wait and not give deadlines as we could well miss out on him....and there are very few others around that are of his quality and that are also available.............we still need to add quality to our forward line as he is the type of forward how has everything unlike any of our other forwards

simon23 said:
neil jung said:

City D-Day for Eto'o

In a way i hope this is true as we do need to sort it out......however for a player of this quality i think we should do everything in our power to get him....and that includes wait and not give deadlines as we could well miss out on him....and there are very few others around that are of his quality and that are also available.............we still need to add quality to our forward line as he is the type of forward how has everything unlike any of our other forwards

There's no concrete proof that we have actually given a deadline, I can't see Hughes giving Eto'o a 2 day limit when he said in a press conference the other day that we would be patient. (Don't quote me on that, I'm not entirely sure it was those words.)

MCFC-alan88 said:
simon23 said:
neil jung said:

City D-Day for Eto'o

There's no concrete proof that we have actually given a deadline, I can't see Hughes giving Eto'o a 2 day limit when he said in a press conference the other day that we would be patient. (Don't quote me on that, I'm not entirely sure it was those words.)

you are correct....MH did say that patience was needed....I hope we stick to that policy

MCFC-alan88 said:
simon23 said:
neil jung said:

City D-Day for Eto'o

words to that efect 'i agree'

Why would we do that with Eto but not with Tevez?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.