Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Been given a disturbing update on Eto'o this aft..

Unfortunately, talks are said to have taken a bit of step back last few hours. The various reports about his wage demands DO have an element of truth to to them.

My source of info does not have any actual figures, only that City consider them far from acceptable and we are refusing to be played off.

There is still a desire to make this deal happen, but only on our terms. His and interested parties having their bluff called.

Now the even worse news, we do have other irons in fire and Forlan is a very serious option.

If this is true as much as I would love eto'o to be playing in a City shirt Im glad the club is not going to allow the "tail to wag the dog", and have players dictating terms. 170-180,000 is more than enough for Eto'o considering realistically he has at most 2-3 years left at the top. Forlan imo is a natural scorer in the mould of Eto'o and I have been a big fan of his for a long time, even when he was playing at the swamp. IMO he would probably jump at the chance to come play at city and get one "final" chance in the premier league. His pace is an issue but in terms of pure finishing talent their arnt to many better.

Spindash said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Now the even worse news, we do have other irons in fire and Forlan is a very serious option.

Forlan scored more goals than Eto'o last season. So I wouldn't say that was "even worse" news.
You have my vote...Etoo is not exactly creating a good impression.

Forzacitizens said:
tolmie

do you think there can be compromise regarding the eto'o deal?

Lets face it theirs one reason Eto'o would come here, money. IMO the club should not be played for fools and if Eto'o thinks he commands wages above 200,000 a week he is dreaming. I hope negotiations can be made and a compromise can be made but if negotiations fall through their are other options and dont forget we want a player who represents us going forward as a great club for players to join as opposed to a great club for mercernaries to join.

lionheart said:
Spindash said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Forlan scored more goals than Eto'o last season. So I wouldn't say that was "even worse" news.
You have my vote...Etoo is not exactly creating a good impression.

Agreed Eto'o is doing himself nor the club any favours so far if what we are led to believe is true.

Forzacitizens said:
tolmie

This is only my opinion, based on the brief state of play and what was told.

City really are refusing to be mugged-off, but are saying let's get this done. The package on offer is already out of this world, so fail to see where the compromise comes from if Eto'o sticks to his guns.

Until players want to come because we are flying high then they will effectively want compensation through higher salaries if they are mercenary enough to put the cash first.
Just pay it. In two years time, they will want to come and we can pay the market rate and not the City Not in Europe rate. A signing like Eto'o puts us in a different bracket and in itself makes us a more attractive proposition to other players.

Feck it we can afford it. Disguise it; dress it up somehow; use creative deal structuring; whatever, but just flippin' do it before we all die of transfer forum fatigue.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Forzacitizens said:
tolmie

This is only my opinion, based on the brief state of play and what was told.

City really are refusing to be mugged-off, but are saying let's get this done. The package on offer is already out of this world, so fail to see where the compromise comes from if Eto'o sticks to his guns.

ok cool mate, maybe he's just trying to get an even better deal, but is going to sign for the best deal he can get

Would love to see us maybe look at the options = Benzema, in terms of impact, age, future value for money?

The wishful thinking in me says we could come in after the comments of the Lyon chairman yesterday.

Also, I remember the same guy saying he rejected a major bid from us in January.

Just think of the look on Baconface.

The good thing, is we are definitely not sitting around waiting for people to put us out of our misery.

Tevez and Benzema would be like pairing a couple of bulldozers up front

Balti said:
Until players want to come because we are flying high then they will effectively want compensation through higher salaries if they are mercenary enough to put the cash first.
Just pay it. In two years time, they will want to come and we can pay the market rate and not the City Not in Europe rate. A signing like Eto'o puts us in a different bracket and in itself makes us a more attractive proposition to other players.

Feck it we can afford it. Disguise it; dress it up somehow; use creative deal structuring; whatever, but just flippin' do it before we all die of transfer forum fatigue.

I know we have to pay big to attract players - given our relative status but this need to be kept in perspective. Pay Eto'o £200 a week - and Robinho will want the same, Ireland will think his deal is rubbish by comparison and suddenly we'll have all the squad wanting new and unrealistic contracts. As much as I'd want Eto'o I don't want him at any price.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.