Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Would love to see us maybe look at the options = Benzema, in terms of impact, age, future value for money?

The wishful thinking in me says we could come in after the comments of the Lyon chairman yesterday.

Also, I remember the same guy saying he rejected a major bid from us in January.

Just think of the look on Baconface.

The good thing, is we are definitely not sitting around waiting for people to put us out of our misery.

Tevez and Benzema would be like pairing a couple of bulldozers up front

You don't seem very confident on Eto'o...

A couple of days ago Forlan was reportedly interested in a move back to England as he has unfinished business, and is (still) holding a bit of grudge vis-a-vis rags.

To be honest it seems pretty clear to me that all eto'o is doing is trying to get a monster wage offer from city that he can then take to inter or ac milan and say 'look at that, that's how much City want me, what are you going to offer?' so that they up their wage offer as and when they bid for him. We've been played like this before and I'd be glad if we're not standing for it. If he wants to play for us he should negotiate and sign. If not he can stop wasting our time.

Dobsy87 said:
To be honest it seems pretty clear to me that all eto'o is doing is trying to get a monster wage offer from city that he can then take to inter or ac milan and say 'look at that, that's how much City want me, what are you going to offer?' so that they up their wage offer as and when they bid for him. We've been played like this before and I'd be glad if we're not standing for it. If he wants to play for us he should negotiate and sign. If not he can stop wasting our time.

agree

*singingtheblues* said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Would love to see us maybe look at the options = Benzema, in terms of impact, age, future value for money?

The wishful thinking in me says we could come in after the comments of the Lyon chairman yesterday.

Also, I remember the same guy saying he rejected a major bid from us in January.

The good thing, is we are definitely not sitting around waiting for people to put us out of our misery.

I was about 90 per cent certain just couple days back....Now? 60/40

does anyone else think we should publicly slate him and walk away before he plays us for fools, (if thats whats happening) and move onto the next target,ie forlan, benzema etc

wrongun73 said:
does anyone else think we should publicly slate him and walk away before he plays us for fools, (if thats whats happening) and move onto the next target,ie forlan, benzema etc

Yes, if he is playing us but we don't know for sure that he is. No one except Cook and a few of his team really know.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
*singingtheblues* said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I was about 90 per cent certain just couple days back....Now? 60/40

:(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.