Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

MCFC-alan88 said:
Johnny_on said:
robbieh said:
Good move on our part if true.

To be honest although he is a fantastic player there have to be questions about his commitment.

Both elmundodeportivo and sport.es suggest that Eto'o is holding out for a champions league club.

Which is his right to do so but it means that Cook has not been able to sell him our project.

One question. Why is Guardiola so not keen on this world class strike

Only a good move if it works... time will tell.... I wouldn't care if he signed August 31st if it meant we get him. For me he's the single player that can make our season go from 'lets get top 6' to 'lets break the top 4'

Terry is on that level aswell, I think.

Maybe, i'm not as sure about Terry. Eto'o is 20+ goals guarenteed... He'd get 20 at Stoke.

Terry, i think probably would push us up, but not definitely... We could still be exposed at the back... and like when we signed Bridge, if someone is 2v1 against you there's nothing you can do no matter how good you are....

Good times though, just be talking about these players eh ???

Agreed, we really need some clarity at this point. If he isn't interested we should scrap the deal straight away instead of wasting our time and move on to a more realistic target.

However, because this has dragged on for so long I dont believe that city would still be in negotiations if he hadn't shown any form of interest in joining us. Just wish Barca would hurry up and buy Villa or Fabregas!

Eggsy said:
Great move by City as at least we will know one way or the other whether he is going to come to us, and if not will be gutted, but at least we can move on and look else where.

I am wondering though if this does not come off, how our woner's will view Gary Cook's lack of ability to close these deals ?
cant blame cook if it goes tits up,its like selling a house that hasn't been built,its quite clear that with the mentioned signings we were or are going for top 4,so what a step down = top 6 and another year to wait for 4th,no big deal really

marco said:
Eggsy said:
Great move by City as at least we will know one way or the other whether he is going to come to us, and if not will be gutted, but at least we can move on and look else where.

I am wondering though if this does not come off, how our woner's will view Gary Cook's lack of ability to close these deals ?
cant blame cook if it goes tits up,its like selling a house that hasn't been built,its quite clear that with the mentioned signings we were or are going for top 4,so what a step down = top 6 and another year to wait for 4th,no big deal really

Agreed I personally feel that we are trying to miss a stage out of our development as well, however if this is the Strategy that our Owner's have come up with and put Cook in charge of over seeing it, then all I am saying is that he will be accountable for not delivering the Starategy.

Milan and the rags might be in the champs league but they have about as much chance of winning it next year as we do.

Milan have just lost their talisman and have not and have no chance of buying anyone to replace him, yeah they could sign eto'o, no supply line means no goals and they werent even in the champs league last year they were in the europa with us where they got a draw with the mighty pompey

The rags, yes as we all know they got to the final 2 years in a row, but they have just lost the man that dragged them their kicking and screaming, their aging midfield hasnt been replaced, and ferdinand is the wrong side of 30.

bluemonkey71 said:
Football365:

"08.51: Word from Spain now, and both Barcelona based papers, Sport and Mundo Deportivo, report that Samuel Eto'o has decided to leave. And is currently chosing between the money of Man City and the chance to play proper football at Milan or Man Utd. "

Get fucked

Now now blue monkey you know aswell as i do that "proper football" is only played by the "top4"clubs................................... :p
besides think there "SAUCE" IS THE FAT BIN DIPPER WAITER STILL CRYING OVER LOSING GB TO US LOL ;)

mancboy123 said:
Milan and the rags might be in the champs league but they have about as much chance of winning it next year as we do.

Milan have just lost their talisman and have not and have no chance of buying anyone to replace him, yeah they could sign eto'o, no supply line means no goals and they werent even in the champs league last year they were in the europa with us where they got a draw with the mighty pompey

The rags, yes as we all know they got to the final 2 years in a row, but they have just lost the man that dragged them their kicking and screaming, their aging midfield hasnt been replaced, and ferdinand is the wrong side of 30.

^^^^^sense^^^^^

Rammy Blue said:
mancboy123 said:

^^^^^sense^^^^^

were as we got beat 2-0 by them.

Milan will be nowhere near winning the chumps league and I'm confident the rags won't get near the final either. Will have to wait and see who they both sign first yet, though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.