Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Darker shade of Blue said:
Wouldn't you lose Eto'o in January to the African nations ?

BTW ....... The window opens on the midnight after the last match of the season .

aaahh my bad!

DSOB, whats your opinion on our transfer dealings? i think afew on here have been spoilt being linked to kaka, messi etc and are behaving like kids throwing their toys out of the pram.

mcs said:
I think regardless of RSC we are going to chase Eto'o hard. I went and did the stadium tour today as I will be going back to Oz soon, and the guy that took it, while only a junior member of staff as such, basically said that there are lots of rumours going around within the staff @ the club etc about Eto'o etc, so I'd definitely say its quite a possibility.

The new office block is going up very quick as well to say the least- already beginning to look impressive. Pitch has been reseeded 10 days ago and looks good already. They are changing the pitch a bit though- there is going to be astroturf running not just around the edge of the pitch but now right up to the actual sidelines... i.e. there will be no turf outside the actual field of play.
I know someone who went on a tour of the stadium a few weeks ago and was told of Barry going to city for talks about a week before he signed. So lets hope they're right about this one aswell.

from what all the rumours say mh wants his squad together for the middle of july

and from what the papers are sayin everythin is falling into place includin eto'o as the biggg summer signing

forevercity said:

BTW ....... The window opens on the midnight after the last match of the season .

aaahh my bad!

DSOB, whats your opinion on our transfer dealings? i think afew on here have been spoilt being linked to kaka, messi etc and are behaving like kids throwing their toys out of the pram.

I think if they forgot how much money you had , and stopped pretending that they can buy every so called top player in the game without caring how much they cost , then they would realise what a great side City is already starting to look without greedy over rated players like Eto'o in it .
Yes , you might need to sign a big player to appease the fans , but I'd rather have Barry and Rocky any day of the week than Eto'o .
Tevez would be a great signing , as would Lescott as much as it hurts to say it .

You have no European matches this season , so you don't need too many players , or morale will drop . Defoe would be a good player for City , as would Ebanks Blake . As much as we admire the Spanish players , so do the the Spanish admire ours .

Paying Eto'o that much won't be good for the confidence of the rest .

Well...... you did ask :o)

forevercity said:

aaahh my bad!

I think if they forgot how much money you had , and stopped pretending that they can buy every so called top player in the game without caring how much they cost , then they would realise what a great side City is already starting to look without greedy over rated players like Eto'o in it .
Yes , you might need to sign a big player to appease the fans , but I'd rather have Barry and Rocky any day of the week than Eto'o .
Tevez would be a great signing , as would Lescott as much as it hurts to say it .

You have no European matches this season , so you don't need too many players , or morale will drop . Defoe would be a good player for City , as would Ebanks Blake . As much as we admire the Spanish players , so do the the Spanish admire ours .

agree there mate, even the eto'o bit to an extent. if we can nick lescott, then add toure and tevez to what we've got we're looking good!

forevercity said:

aaahh my bad!

Well said pal.

Well...... you did ask :o)[/quote]

our strongest 11 last season was capable of beating any team in the league imoa, our problem was cover when somebody got injured or suspended we were stumped. with a few more key players in certain positions we should be up for a great season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.