Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

SWPISHOME said:
Santa Cruz is a player that we have been missing for years, He scores different types of goals, I dont understand why people arnt happy. Its a building process at the club, the owners want a top 6 finish, and whoever dosent think that Santa Cruz isnt good enough for a team in the top 6 in the premier League needs there heads checked!

I understand the building process etc etc.......and im more than happy with that......

BUT RSC isnt particularly a step forward in my opinion

He is an average player with a dubious scoring record before the one season at Blackburn and whom also has a poor injury record as well.....

I believe he will not push us forward.....yes he has atributes that we need...good in the air, can hold the ball up etc etc (i seem to have been hearing these attributes listed for a good few years now....but we never seem to get a forward who when you go through his attributes the one at the top of the list is.....he scores a lot of goals!).

However....look at the topf 4 teams in this country.....utd chelski liverpool and arsenal.......

all four of them in recent seasons have had noe ro two forwards who can do a number of things

1....lead the line on his own.....I dont think RSC can do this...he needs to play in a conventional 4-4-2.....

2...they all have power and pace....drogba, torres, ronaldo...rsc has power but not much pace.

3 all the above mentioned teams have those type of striukers who can create something out of nothing on their own......RSC cannt...he wont change a game on his own...esp in away games this can be the big difference between winning and losing...this is one of the main points for me....

4....all have great movement and interchangeablilty.........rsc plays down the middle....he is a post to hit ballls to or to cross to in the middle......nothing more

His injury record is of a huge concern........how long before we are relying on the likes of evans, caceido, jo to play cause RSC is injured?????.....i know playerss can pick up injuries all the time and its by chance more often than not....but hasnt this guy got a history of the same re-occuring injuries????????

Blues Brother said:
1dart said:
The way i see it, last season we had a home record as good as the top 4s, our away form was poor to say the least so we need to add the sort of players that can play away and grind out results. I believe Barry and Rsc can do this and im sure we will add some real class as well as grafters, and i for one think we will have a very good season.

Whos with me?

Count me in!!!
Amen to that blue brothers!

the bottom line is mh wants eto'o

eto'o wants loads of money

city have loads of money

there's only one possible outcome and it ends in eto'o wearing sky blue next season

g180aj said:

city have loads of money

there's only one possible outcome and it ends in eto'o wearing sky blue next season

hope you are right....however i think if he is being ridiculous in his wage demands then we wont pay them and he will go somewhere else for less wages but champions league football.....we either pay him what he wants or he will take less money but champs league....and i believe the second will happen

now i inderstand people saying we shouldnt pay these kind of wages....and i partially agree but he is they type of player who could help us take that next huge step and therefore would be worth it

simon23 said:
id say that the signing of RSC means we will not be getting eto'o....for what ever reason (ie too high wage demands, doesnt want to come etc etc)........

personally the 18m that we are going to fork out for this average forward would have paid eto's wages for a few years....that would have been money well spent as he would have raised our profile in africa, pushed us higher up the table than rsc will and the results of which would have been increased income from shirt sales (just for the name alone), a higher league position and possible european qualification......

i will put myself on the line and say now that RSC will NOT make a huge difference to our chances of breaking the top 6

I had hoped that this transfer window would be the one where we would get everything finally sorted in terms of a striker who can really make a difference......seems not unfortunately

the window hasnt even fucking opened yet and we have signed 2 players already

ONLY CITY FANS.......

forevercity said:
simon23 said:
id say that the signing of RSC means we will not be getting eto'o....for what ever reason (ie too high wage demands, doesnt want to come etc etc)........

personally the 18m that we are going to fork out for this average forward would have paid eto's wages for a few years....that would have been money well spent as he would have raised our profile in africa, pushed us higher up the table than rsc will and the results of which would have been increased income from shirt sales (just for the name alone), a higher league position and possible european qualification......

i will put myself on the line and say now that RSC will NOT make a huge difference to our chances of breaking the top 6

I had hoped that this transfer window would be the one where we would get everything finally sorted in terms of a striker who can really make a difference......seems not unfortunately

the window hasnt even fucking opened yet and we have signed 2 players already

ONLY CITY FANS.......

dont the window open after the last game off the season now otherwise we couln't off actually signed anyone yet cos the fa wouldn't have stamped the paperwork

simon23 said:
g180aj said:

city have loads of money

hope you are right....however i think if he is being ridiculous in his wage demands then we wont pay them and he will go somewhere else for less wages but champions league football.....we either pay him what he wants or he will take less money but champs league....and i believe the second will happen

now i inderstand people saying we shouldnt pay these kind of wages....and i partially agree but he is they type of player who could help us take that next huge step and therefore would be worth it

if u believe the papers the chairman is willing to pay him the 190,000 a week after tax wages that he wants

the only problem i see is who wares what number next season

I think regardless of RSC we are going to chase Eto'o hard. I went and did the stadium tour today as I will be going back to Oz soon, and the guy that took it, while only a junior member of staff as such, basically said that there are lots of rumours going around within the staff @ the club etc about Eto'o etc, so I'd definitely say its quite a possibility.

The new office block is going up very quick as well to say the least- already beginning to look impressive. Pitch has been reseeded 10 days ago and looks good already. They are changing the pitch a bit though- there is going to be astroturf running not just around the edge of the pitch but now right up to the actual sidelines... i.e. there will be no turf outside the actual field of play.

Dobsy87 said:
nickson71 said:
Anyhow is it possible to take this thread back on topic as having 2 hysterical thread about RSC is a bit much

Ok, I submit the following conspiracy theory. Our strikers are now RSC, Bellamy, Bojinov with Tevez a target. Left wing is covered by Petrov and Robinho, right wing by SWP and Elano. One strikers role for four players therefore, UNLESS: The plan is to play Tevez, if we get him, as a right wing-forward, ahead of SWP. In that case Elano would move out, most probably to Inter Milan. Which leaves us with two players for every one of three forward positions, plus an extra forward.

In short, where would Samuel Eto'o fit in? I know you'll say "he'd be the number one" but that would surely mean that one of Bellamy (just signed) or Bojinov (just reassured of his future) would move out. Therefore, this thread is dead to me. Goodbye.

Ooooh Get you *in a camp voice*

Somebody is rather pissed off today. Its all about having a squad, yes Eto'o would be number 1 but he will be away in January for the African Nations Cup so your beloved bellamy and bojinov would fill in when needed

FFS *shakes head*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.