Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

svennis pennis said:
Grimble said:
but we are no better off for saying no, it has gained us nothing and has to be marked down as another failure. Surely this pleased to lose attitude is what the club are trying to get away from.

We have no idea what it has gained, and probably wont feel the full benefit for a while. What it does say is that ickle old Man City wont be fucked around and cling on to any slither of light from under the door. Barca, AC Milan and Real can carry on noshing one another off so that their presidents can save face, but we will catch them.

Barca's transfer targets have now come tumbling like a deck of cards, they needed us, instead they messed us around, unlike last year we have pulled the trigger on them. Its great news.

Why, we did it for blackburn. Fat sam and Blackburn fucked us off and kept us waiting a year and still we paid over the odds. Maybe it's me, maybe it's the Stella, but i see nothing to be "so pleased" about here, just a sadness that we have missed out on a world class player. Maybe if/when the truth comes out i will feel differently.

Ticket For Schalke said:
Kinkinho said:
I think we really kicked ass here. We have really stamped down our authoriy now.

thankyou KINK iv been trying to say this, when was the last time,we told a european cup winner with 30+ goals in prev season no???

I really think Gary Cook has been waiting for this opportunity whilst this window has been open. To say "Our price is generous, you either take it or leave it.".

I take the point fellas.

When I went to Morocco, I was taught how to haggle.

The most powerful tool you can use is called "walking out of the souk" ( a souk is a market)

Suddenly, the buyer has all the power if the seller chases them.

Unless the seller lets them go, of course, and then the power is all with the seller. So you only walk out of the souk if you are confident the buyer needs to sell.

It is a lesson which I use in business all the time.

Am I being too hopeful or could this be what we are doing?

BLUEMOONBAZ said:
Grimble said:
but we are no better off for saying no, it has gained us nothing and has to be marked down as another failure. Surely this pleased to lose attitude is what the club are trying to get away from.
why have we lost anything ? we went in they agreed the deal and eto did.. then they messed around.. we set the agenda and pulled out ,showing the world we wont be messed around with.
we should go all out for villa even if we dont have a realistic chance of getting him itll piss barca right off and at the very least push his value up a few quid ,and you never know his head might be turned its all about the money thats all they want thats why tevez is coming to us thats why barry came and eventually eto will be begging to play alongside robby when he,s f**** and no one wants him sorry sam read ronaldinio(big toothed dude plays with becks in rapidly fading italian team with no manager) ,wonder when the toothy one will proclaim his love of city ? do one mate way too late sammy will be joining you shortly ho ho ho,cmon blues this is the best time of our lives wear them shirts with pride we will be winning trophies and challenging on all fronts just a matter of time .......ps nobodys itk all wums....

My lord. Have people any idea what is going on here? Sorry, I don't post much but some people are treating this like this is the end of the world. Have you people got any idea of how good our attacking football was last year? We need a box to box player (Barry) and a left footed center half (Lescott) and you people are crying because you don't get a Jacuzzi that delivers drinks to you. Jeeze.

Grimble said:
svennis pennis said:
Grimble said:

We have no idea what it has gained, and probably wont feel the full benefit for a while. What it does say is that ickle old Man City wont be fucked around and cling on to any slither of light from under the door. Barca, AC Milan and Real can carry on noshing one another off so that their presidents can save face, but we will catch them.

Barca's transfer targets have now come tumbling like a deck of cards, they needed us, instead they messed us around, unlike last year we have pulled the trigger on them. Its great news.

Why, we did it for blackburn. Fat sam and Blackburn fucked us off and kept us waiting a year and still we paid over the odds. Maybe it's me, maybe it's the Stella, but i see nothing to be "so pleased" about here, just a sadness that we have missed out on a world class player. Maybe if/when the truth comes out i will feel differently.
Of course i would have been over the moon if we had just signed him ,but we couldnt just leave it and wait and become a laughing stock again ,so yes iam pleased we pulled out on Our terms.But tbh i think they will be contacting us very soon they need to sell him and yes eto probably wants c/l football but no one will match our offer

Didsbury Dave said:
I take the point fellas.

When I went to Morocco, I was taught how to haggle.

The most powerful tool you can use is called "walking out of the souk" ( a souk is a market)

Suddenly, the buyer has all the power if the seller chases them.

Unless the seller lets them go, of course, and then the power is all with the seller. So you only walk out of the souk if you are confident the buyer needs to sell.

It is a lesson which I use in business all the time.

Am I being too hopeful or could this be what we are doing?
I think you hit the nail on the head there. Plus even if it doesn't work this gives us chance to look at the likes of Fabiano and Aguero, either of whom are certainly not bad for a plan B.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.