Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Didsbury Dave said:
I take the point fellas.

When I went to Morocco, I was taught how to haggle.

The most powerful tool you can use is called "walking out of the souk" ( a souk is a market)

Suddenly, the buyer has all the power if the seller chases them.

Unless the seller lets them go, of course, and then the power is all with the seller. So you only walk out of the souk if you are confident the buyer needs to sell.

It is a lesson which I use in business all the time.

Am I being too hopeful or could this be what we are doing?

there is no way barca will come crawling offering eto the deal is dead now

BlueMoonie said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I take the point fellas.

When I went to Morocco, I was taught how to haggle.

The most powerful tool you can use is called "walking out of the souk" ( a souk is a market)

Suddenly, the buyer has all the power if the seller chases them.

Unless the seller lets them go, of course, and then the power is all with the seller. So you only walk out of the souk if you are confident the buyer needs to sell.

It is a lesson which I use in business all the time.

Am I being too hopeful or could this be what we are doing?

there is no way barca will come crawling offering eto the deal is dead now
They don't have the luxury of an oil tycoon paying for all their transfer targets. IMO they want the money as much as we want the player.

arsed?

No - Eto is a bit old to be paying that sort of cash for, even if he is world class.
Not arsed myself - mods please merge if need be.

Why are you making excuses for yourselves that you don't need to. I am so confused. So one of the top players in the world would not commit himself to us. Remember who we are? The biggest underachieving club of all time!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.