Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Man City Pull Plug on Eto Deal

this is what i was talking about guys.....<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8145560.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 145560.stm</a>

this is why i kindly said on my thread saying that i just wish everyone to wait and hopefully when its made official then we can celebrate but not to get our hopes up....

Didsbury Dave said:
I take the point fellas.

When I went to Morocco, I was taught how to haggle.

The most powerful tool you can use is called "walking out of the souk" ( a souk is a market)

Suddenly, the buyer has all the power if the seller chases them.

Unless the seller lets them go, of course, and then the power is all with the seller. So you only walk out of the souk if you are confident the buyer needs to sell.

It is a lesson which I use in business all the time.

Am I being too hopeful or could this be what we are doing?

an interesting hypothesis....

some speculation along those lines:

1) Sheikh Mansour, rumor has it, is from the Middle East, and if the Middle East doesn't include Morocco it's got to be unbelievably close. so he probably knows all that stuff.

2) at the very least it is a possibility that he's the one who decided to walk out of the souk.

3) most signs seem to suggest that if barca don't *need* to sell they really, really want to.

if this is indeed the case, then it may be intended to send the right message long-term rather than to make sure we get Eto'o. if it's not the case, it will send a message to the next club that really needs to sell.

another rumor i heard was that there's a credit crunch goin' on, the economy is in the crapper, and there may be a club or two out there who might need or want to sell their best players...

zeusbheld said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I take the point fellas.

The most powerful tool you can use is called "walking out of the souk" ( a souk is a market)

Unless the seller lets them go, of course, and then the power is all with the seller. So you only walk out of the souk if you are confident the buyer needs to sell.

1) Sheikh Mansour, rumor has it, is from the Middle East, and if the Middle East doesn't include Morocco it's got to be unbelievably close. so he probably knows all that stuff.

2) at the very least it is a possibility that he's the one who decided to walk out of the souk.

3) most signs seem to suggest that if barca don't *need* to sell they really, really want to.

if this is indeed the case, then it may be intended to send the right message long-term rather than to make sure we get Eto'o. if it's not the case, it will send a message to the next club that really needs to sell.

another rumor i heard was that there's a credit crunch goin' on, the economy is in the crapper, and there may be a club or two out there who might need or want to sell their best players...

Morocco is North Africa, not that close, everything else is ok tho ;)

Gutted Eto'o isnt comming think we still need an out an out goalscorer!

Wonder what will happen to him?

Think either Inter (though theyve got no money!) or Liverpool with Mascerano goin the other way cant see him goin to manure and hope he dosent!

zeusbheld said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I take the point fellas.

Interesting theory and have applied it myself in Egypt!

However City would have to do a 360 degree turnaround now they have gone public with pullin the plug!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.