Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Ducado said:
simon23 said:
gutted that we have pulled out and i think its a mistake to do so.....we havent pulled out of the tevez deal so why wait for one player and not for the other.

it will prove an even bigger mistake when someone else snaps him up (which i could see someone doing right at the end of htis transfer window)

as for plan b......

well i hope we have one as the strikers we have are not going to get us anywhere near the top 6

Rsc....good but injury prone and.........also not even in the same league as eto'o
boj.....good but plays as a second striker
bellamy......plays as a second striker and injury prone (more than rsc)

the rest you can forget....they simply are not good enough and never will be

even with tevez.....(if we get him).......he is similar to boj and bellamy in style of play.......

so the problem still remains. We need an out and out striker in the style of eto'o........but who realistically is there that is left to go for and i can only think of one player and that is fabiano.......but could we be too late on this one

as for ibrahimovic.....NO NO NO....would prove a huge flop in the prem......just too tough for him...he would sped most of his time on his backside complainging about the treatment he was receiving from defenders

villa....never going to come as wants to stay in spain

huntalaar....so slow he would really really struggle in the prem as well......would fair no better than bianchi did

we have a huge problem now but luckily we have time to sort it out.........but there are only limited options. That is why i think it would have been prudent to persue more that one target at a time and even if we are getting messed around slightly by eto'o (and his agent) we shold still maintain an interest and see what happens......he is good enough ot take us to the next level........not many other forwards (and certainly the ones we have right now) arent

Life is too short, just move on, you don't know why we pulled the plug nor does anyone, and you don't know who else they are talking to, you and quite a few others need to stop turning this into a catastrophe, it is anything but!

Imnot turning it into a catastrophe as you put it....but at the same time we have just pulled out of a deal for possibly the best forward on the planet (certainly in the top 3).....you can surely understand peoples disapoointment in that. We have a lot of time to put this right and get someone else in but there are vey few other options that are realistically available.....

and ducado...what will your reaction be IF some one else gets him this window.....especailly if that team is a prem team.....it would look worse then and would mean that the club had made a mistake

mcfc_die_hard said:
Do you think that city may have walked away but still left the 25 million on the table ?

What is Cookie like me - always leaving my wallet in stupid places and forgetting where I've put it?

Why would we want someone who obviously showed to GC that he didn't want to play for us?

Lomas has a lob on said:
Johnny_on said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
mancity25 said:
Maybe Cook is forcing Barcelona's hand.
i want to agree with this but if this were the case i think mr cook may have leaked stuff to the press ie were looking at other avenues as well as eto'o or eto'o isn't our only option etc etc, but to put it up on the OS states to me that this is over (hope im wrong) surely if we went back on this mr cook would loook silly by placing such a statement on the OS

hmmm how would he look silly? He would be a deal making god to get eto'o here. The press would say that the statement made last night was a stroke of genious.
silly is probably a bad way of saying it, but to come out to the OS is a pretty defiante way of stating its over, dont get me wrong i'd be delighted if eto'o did still come but with cooks statement, it would be misleading to us the fans if we were still in 4 him! just my opinion
It can explain that it's Eto'o to come back to convince them not they are in for them. The statement only said City will not actively seeking his service anymore, but doesnt mean Eto'o cant come to estlands to offer him to city.

p.s. anyway, if cook manage to get tevez an eto'o, who cares any statement?

Lomas has a lob on said:
silly is probably a bad way of saying it, but to come out to the OS is a pretty defiante way of stating its over, dont get me wrong i'd be delighted if eto'o did still come but with cooks statement, it would be misleading to us the fans if we were still in 4 him! just my opinion

No, we probably are genuinely no longer persueing the deal and they have let the fans know this to stop some of the impatient rumourmongering that goes on. If Barca now come back cap in hand and say they have sorted it, then we will probably do business but thats if we havent already moved on while they have there row with Eto'o over this loyalty payment and I would imagine that Eto'o and Barca would have to be pretty public in there humility.

What's the big deal here? We're pulling the strings on this one. Don't understand why we would be called an embarrassment.

That lays firmly at the door of Eto'o/his agent and Barcelona. There has been no urgency by them.

We put a deadline on it, it's passed, we pull the deal and move on.

mcfc_die_hard said:
Do you think that city may have walked away but still left the 25 million on the table ?

"We're pulling out, but as a thank you for fucking us about for a couple weeks you can just take the £25m regardless. kthnxbye!"

bluejue said:
mcfc_die_hard said:

What is Cookie like me - always leaving my wallet in stupid places and forgetting where I've put it?

He probably left his car keys as well....

Listen to you all. Speculation, speculation, speculation.

City pulled out of the deal - FACT!
Nobody knows the real reason - FACT!
Alot of blues are turning into moany bastards - FACT!

Fuck sake, get over it. Its over. Next target please!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.