Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

squirtyflower said:
bluemoon32 said:
Shooter 83 said:
Pidg, Spursmad said everything was agreed with Barca and Eto' and it was just a case of Barca and Eto'o sorting the problem at there end, hes got nothing wrong.

It'll be interesting to see if another club manages to sort it out & actually sign Eto'o, if that happens then we will know that the problem was a little bit more from our side.
Another club coming in and tying up the deal doesn't really mean anything. It would seem that City and Cook have now opened a chasm between the player and club, that someone else could now use to their advantage. Maybe a team in the chumps league with less money to spend.

Can see the rags going for him.

mancity25 said:
Maybe Cook is forcing Barcelona's hand.
i want to agree with this but if this were the case i think mr cook may have leaked stuff to the press ie were looking at other avenues as well as eto'o or eto'o isn't our only option etc etc, but to put it up on the OS states to me that this is over (hope im wrong) surely if we went back on this mr cook would loook silly by placing such a statement on the OS

jim_tolmies_perm said:
I was gutted last night - Eto is a great player but maybe too much too soon.

With regard to us making a quick signing so we can all not be upset by our red friends forget it. Hughes has said time and again we won't buy players for the sake of it

With Robbie RSC and hopefully Tevez likely to be front three is it a bad thing we didn't get him?

I believe if we buy another hes more likely to be a quick physical player rather than another racy shortarse (a la bellamy, swp, bojinov, tevez, robinho)

Only one i can think of is Hutelaar....

Huntelaar is slow as molasses

bluemoon32 said:
It's hardly belittling our club to think that players would prefer CL football, surely ?

I didn't see your original reply to Shooter 83 before I posted, so when you put it like that then sure it makes sense.

Lomas has a lob on said:
mancity25 said:
Maybe Cook is forcing Barcelona's hand.
i want to agree with this but if this were the case i think mr cook may have leaked stuff to the press ie were looking at other avenues as well as eto'o or eto'o isn't our only option etc etc, but to put it up on the OS states to me that this is over (hope im wrong) surely if we went back on this mr cook would loook silly by placing such a statement on the OS

hmmm how would he look silly? He would be a deal making god to get eto'o here. The press would say that the statement made last night was a stroke of genious.

Project said:
jim_tolmies_perm said:
I was gutted last night - Eto is a great player but maybe too much too soon.

With regard to us making a quick signing so we can all not be upset by our red friends forget it. Hughes has said time and again we won't buy players for the sake of it

With Robbie RSC and hopefully Tevez likely to be front three is it a bad thing we didn't get him?

I believe if we buy another hes more likely to be a quick physical player rather than another racy shortarse (a la bellamy, swp, bojinov, tevez, robinho)

Only one i can think of is Hutelaar....

Huntelaar is slow as molasses

^^^this^^^
he looks like he's running in treacle most of the time. good player tho, mind you.

Shooter 83 said:
Pidg, Spursmad said everything was agreed with Barca and Eto' and it was just a case of Barca and Eto'o sorting the problem at there end, hes got nothing wrong.
Some guys on here are really really fukin weird i swear........ feel sorry for you Pidg mate.

gutted that we have pulled out and i think its a mistake to do so.....we havent pulled out of the tevez deal so why wait for one player and not for the other.

it will prove an even bigger mistake when someone else snaps him up (which i could see someone doing right at the end of htis transfer window)

as for plan b......

well i hope we have one as the strikers we have are not going to get us anywhere near the top 6

Rsc....good but injury prone and.........also not even in the same league as eto'o
boj.....good but plays as a second striker
bellamy......plays as a second striker and injury prone (more than rsc)

the rest you can forget....they simply are not good enough and never will be

even with tevez.....(if we get him).......he is similar to boj and bellamy in style of play.......

so the problem still remains. We need an out and out striker in the style of eto'o........but who realistically is there that is left to go for and i can only think of one player and that is fabiano.......but could we be too late on this one

as for ibrahimovic.....NO NO NO....would prove a huge flop in the prem......just too tough for him...he would sped most of his time on his backside complainging about the treatment he was receiving from defenders

villa....never going to come as wants to stay in spain

huntalaar....so slow he would really really struggle in the prem as well......would fair no better than bianchi did

we have a huge problem now but luckily we have time to sort it out.........but there are only limited options. That is why i think it would have been prudent to persue more that one target at a time and even if we are getting messed around slightly by eto'o (and his agent) we shold still maintain an interest and see what happens......he is good enough ot take us to the next level........not many other forwards (and certainly the ones we have right now) arent

Firstly I just want to say that pulling the plug here was an excellent move by City, gives us a lot of respect as people's been saying!

But don't worry, there are other world-class players we can pursue!
Luís Fabiano - Robbie and Elano help us out with this one?
Zlatan Imbrahimovic - I rate him as top 3 in the world, not very realistic target but oh well...
Sergio Agüero - Biggest talent in the world apart from Messi at the moment, dare I say? Zab can put in a good word or five!
Edin Dzeko - Amazing talent, but supposedly he's signed a new contract and been promised a move next year with a £20m minimum release fee...
Diego Forlán - Aguero's partner in crime has shown quality for many years now, does seem a bit inconsisted perhaps.
Grafite - People forget he had an amazing season as well with Wolfsburg...
Bafétimbi Gomis - Two/three fantastic season with a relative weak Saint-Étienne in Ligue 1.
André-Pierre Gignac - Possibly the new Henry, even been called up to the French national team now. Serious class act!
Giuseppe Rossi - I know certain people has a problem with him because he was a youth player at the Rags, but to those I have a simple question: have you seen this kid play recently? He's fucking amazing! And he might bare a grudge against Bacon Face so perhaps he'd like to join us...

what a big mistake. we could of at least waited a bit longer

were already gettting called an 'embarrassment" once again even though we pulled out:S

people can tell me to shut up n alll that but tbh i dont give a fuck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.