Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

A City insider said: "The decision to end negotiations with Barca for Eto'o is not a bluff.

"Khaldoon felt negotiations had reached a dead end and it was time to draw a line under the episode and concentrate on other targets.

"Khaldoon is not the kind of man to make U-turns once a statement of intent has been made public.

"He decided Manchester City were not going to get caught in the crossfire of the game between Barcelona and Eto'o."

I know it is only the Mirror and a "City Insider" but the comments about Khaldoun going public were exactly the reasons I thought this should remain Off. At least this way going forwards we the fans would know where we stand, we let it drag on long enough in speculation world. If we now sign Adebayor then I for one going forwards will be happy knowing that if the club publically pull the plug then I can stop wondering and move on.

(Allthough I cant see it I suppose there is still a chance that the Eto'o deal will be resurected and I'll be back to square one lol)

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
A City insider said: "The decision to end negotiations with Barca for Eto'o is not a bluff.

"Khaldoon felt negotiations had reached a dead end and it was time to draw a line under the episode and concentrate on other targets.

"Khaldoon is not the kind of man to make U-turns once a statement of intent has been made public.

"He decided Manchester City were not going to get caught in the crossfire of the game between Barcelona and Eto'o."

I know it is only the Mirror and a "City Insider" but the comments about Khaldoun going public were exactly the reasons I thought this should remain Off. At least this way going forwards we the fans would know where we stand, we let it drag on long enough in speculation world. If we now sign Adebayor then I for one going forwards will be happy knowing that if the club publically pull the plug then I can stop wondering and move on.

(Allthough I cant see it I suppose there is still a chance that the Eto'o deal will be resurected and I'll be back to square one lol)
how surreal is it that we've now, (allegedly) got a club like barca begging us to take one of their best players off their hands!
it truly is a mad mad mad mad world ;]

wrongun73 said:
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:

how surreal is it that we've now, (allegedly) got a club like barca begging us to take one of their best players off their hands!
it truly is a mad mad mad mad world ;]

This is a big statement to the rest of the football world.

Don't fuck around with us!!!

Whats all this about Cookie jetting off somewhere ( London Adebayour and or Terry) or Barcalona (Eto o rumours suggest another room booked at the hospital for another medical tomorrow will it be Terry, Adebayour or Eto o.

well i still see this the same ..i think eto will sign for us and aby will still be an arse player
imho barca will cut a deal and pay him the loyalty bonus as they are on a hiding to nothing .
Sell now for say 12/13 mill after eto cut
Keep him NO fee and he will be missing for africa n at cup anyway

no brainer

It's a shame, I would love to see Eto'o play for us. but it seems as though the boss's patience ran out and he isn't to be messed with. Which in the long run is a good thing as other clubs/players won't take the piss. Just a shame we made our stance with one of the world's best.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1199606/PICTURE-SPECIAL-Miami-nice-Samuel-Etoo-Manchester-City-snub.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -snub.html</a>

LOL!

They say he's relaxing but if you look carefully in the first picture you can see the bubbles coming from his bum which is still twitching after we announced we have moved on......

C'mon Samu, all is forgiven.... we'll have you back...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.