Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

the--dud said:
I think what City did with the Eto'o saga could be one of the most brilliant acts ever done in the history of transfer dealings... Look at the publicity we're getting, bloody Barcelona and Eto'o are BEGGING us to talk to them.
We've never looked stronger :D

Signing him would have been better but I trust the club's judgment- I'm sure pulling out was the best thing to do.
It seems we have left Barca in the sh*t. It's incredible to see us mixing it up with the biggest clubs in the world, a real contrast to when Pearcy's winning tactic's were his daughter's beanie baby! It's a great time to be a City fan!

If spursmad321 is correct of what he claimed that the called off by City is to force the issue, City looks to have won this perfectly. The next 2 days is important. We'll see.

If we go in for Eto again we will look stupid. Not to mention that in any future transfer dealings our ultimatums will be not be credible. End of story for Eto me thinks.

Bonol said:
If we go in for Eto again we will look stupid. Not to mention that in any future transfer dealings our ultimatums will be not be credible. End of story for Eto me thinks.

I disagree, if the deal does get back on track I think it would be seen as a brilliant tactic to force things along.

Bonol said:

I made the same point earlier in the thread Bonol but to be fair the argument against was presented pretty well.

We won't go in again but if Barca say we will pay him 5m to solve and eTo'o says I am on the plane for a medical we will just announce the deal. Either way we win!

Either way we can't really lose.

he stays we have stayed firm to our word.
he leaves, Barca have been bent over and paid him and we can say the circumstances have changed.

As i suggested when the news broke....

The first rule of negotiation is 'be prepared to walk away'.

Barca want to sell....
Eto'o wants to leave....
City want to buy....

No other option on the table for Barca or Eto'o.... at the moment...

This is not finished....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.