Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

I don't think it was a smoke screen, or a bluff or anything like that. We ended our interest.

If we go back to Eto'o, it undermines what we did.

If he comes back to us, then the tactic worked.

smiles said:
I don't think it was a smoke screen, or a bluff or anything like that. We ended our interest.

Never suggested it was a bluff....

It was a 'take it or leave it' scenario..... Ball is in Barca's court now...

levets said:
As i suggested when the news broke....

The first rule of negotiation is 'be prepared to walk away'.

Barca want to sell....
Eto'o wants to leave....
City want to buy....

No other option on the table for Barca or Eto'd.... at the moment...

This is not finished....

I think the press talking about Fabiano is our doing...... I think we've leaked a non-bid...... Its a completely believable bid for a player in the same position as Samu... Barca are facing losing 20-30 million (which is Villa/Fabregas etc)... Its coming back our way i'm sure of it...

is there a press conference tomara or is it just the daily fail talking shit??

"The Cameroon striker is ready to break his silence on the summer transfer saga by holding a press conference tomorrow.
But his employers want to head off any embarrassment by doing a deal with City, despite the Premier League club releasing a statement on Friday that they had ended their interest in the 28-year-old."

So Barca wants to sell Eto'o to us in the next 24 hours haha. It's fun that big clubs are having problems...

I think Adebayor is a back-up plan for Eto'o. Also a big star in Africa

Ok, where is this 24 hours thing coming from? Because it is going to take more than a flap from Barca to revive this deal within the next day. It's going to take an panic attack with the player himself. I take it he has switched his phone back on, BTW?

Pam said:
Ok, where is this 24 hours thing coming from? Because it is going to take more than a flap from Barca to revive this deal within the next day. It's going to take an panic attack with the player himself. I take it he has switched his phone back on, BTW?

Supposedly the Catalonia area suffered a substantial power failure last night, thought to be a result of Eto'o putting 400 mobile phones to charge at the same time :)

I know this is from tribal, but it still makes an interesting read, I honestly think the deal is off.

Barcelona are desperate for Manchester City to revive their bid for Samuel Eto'o.

The Sunday Mirror says City pulled the plug on the deal late on Friday night after refusing a request from Barca president Joan Laporta to once again extend a deadline for the transfer to be concluded.

The Catalan club, desperate to sell Eto'o to the Blues to help fund their own £35m move for Valencia's David Villa, spent yesterday trying to resume negotiations with City's hierarchy. But chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarek was adamant City were no longer interested in Eto'o.

A City insider said: "The decision to end negotiations with Barca for Eto'o is not a bluff.

"Khaldoon felt negotiations had reached a dead end and it was time to draw a line under the episode and concentrate on other targets.

"Khaldoon is not the kind of man to make U-turns once a statement of intent has been made public.

"He decided Manchester City were not going to get caught in the crossfire of the game between Barcelona and Eto'o."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.