Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

kinky's underpants said:
Calm down.
I strongly believe that all that is going on as a game of brinksmanship along with a large dose of face saving on Barca's part. If you honestly think that a loyalty bonus and the players (or agents ) views on that could possibly have been overlooked then you really must think that ours and Barca's negotiating teams are a bunch of wazocks. I would suggest that this matter would have been the second or third on any agenda and though the sum involved could be really astronomical (to qoute on club president) a way around this (which probably included us contributing at least some of it( probably a large proprtion of it to be honest. As the Catalans have a reputation of being tighter than a fish's anus) would have been found very early on.
So as I said chill, sit back and be fairly confident that what is about to unfold before your eyes in the next couple of days is a media cicus and really is only window dressing.

I beg to differ, all signs point to us as being snubbed by Eto'o. Its all abit daft, as the way I see it if the club wish to sell, the player is suppose to be happy with the terms then why cut your nose off to spite the deal over a loyalty payment. All I know is that if we have fucked up with this, the media will jump all over it as some of the articles in tomorrows papers demonstrate with the Eto'o doesn't want to play for a club who can't even offer Europa League etc. Anyway I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a long day.

I think the press conference is at 10am our time, also ive been away watching the tennis, is there any new news?

MattyIce said:
I think the press conference is at 10am our time, also ive been away watching the tennis, is there any new news?

tonight's news:

1. Barca offered Eto'o a two year deal on same money City offering - according to Spanish sauce.
2. Cook allegedly looked well pissed off getting into his car at Eastlands 7.30 tonight.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/gen/20090629/53734684284/noticia/el-barsa-ofrece-la-renovacion-a-samuel-etoo.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/gen/2009 ... -etoo.html</a>

Confirmation that Eto'o has been offered a two year extension on the same money that City have offered (allegedly).

I can't decide if Eto is being extra greedy or not. What is his current wage and how does it compare with our offer? Will £10-13 million or whatever leave him out of pocket if he waives the loyalty clause .... or are Barca taking the piss by saying Eto wants to go when he doesn't.

freddie_hill said:
MattyIce said:

tonight's news:

1. Barca offered Eto'o a two year deal on same money City offering - according to Spanish sauce.
2. Cook allegedly looked well pissed off getting into his car at Eastlands 7.30 tonight.

I read it that the offer was the same wage he is on now, not the same as we are offering - otherwise he would just stay.

twinkletoes said:
http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/gen/20090629/53734684284/noticia/el-barsa-ofrece-la-renovacion-a-samuel-etoo.html

Confirmation that Eto'o has been offered a two year extension on the same money that City have offered (allegedly).

Well what the fuck are Barca playing at?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.