OFFICIAL: City v Blackburn Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: City v Blackburn Post Match Thread

A great team effort!! Ade, Toure & Barry all had great games!!

Just wait till they have played a few games together, how good can we truly get?

Well done from the fans!!!!

I had Given (shit one actually cos I thought I had Cech @ first), Ireland and Robinho (captain).

Robinho was the only one who let me down.

Re: OFFCIAL: City v Blackburn Post Match Thread

bizzbo said:
Not perfect, but very promising. If the first half was worryingly chaotic, the improvement we showed in the second half was very reassuring. The midfielders and forwards regrouped, re-organised, and transformed the game. Blackburn didn't get close in the second half, and we had several chances to counter attack. I think it speaks volumes about the character of the new players. We now have a very experienced and determined spine in the team. Toure, Barry, Adebayor. Well done lads.
Looks like Hughes earnt his dough at half time eh

We work hard, and we have the quality to pick up goals. Most importantly we get an away win straight away which was the black mark against our team last season.

Didn't see the game. Bottled it. But can't wait for next Saturday

Re: Let's savour this moment

we will win our first 2 games. The 3rd one i will let our football do the talking. but the next 2 games are... wolves and portmouth

mouth lost like 1-0 today against fulham and wolves ...

we vs wolve at home aswell, that would be a fucking thrashing

Given - 7 - Would have been 8 if it wasnt for his awful distribution
Bridge - 7 - Solid
Toure - 9 - Immense, showed the difference between a top level centre back and what we have been used to
Dunne - 7 - Best game in 18 months
Richards - 7 - Massive improvement
Barry - 8 - Excellent, gonna be a big player for us
SWP - 8 - Set up both goals, cant want much more from a winger
Robinho - 7 - Much better away performance, couple of decent efforts
Ireland - 7 - Quiet but lovely finish
Bellamy - 7 - Very quiet 1st half but ran his socks off in the 2nd half
Adebayor - 8 - Great goal and put himself about, showed everything we have been missing in a striker since Anelka went

Tevez - 6.5 - Put himself about but I think it will take him a few games to get up to speed

Barry MOTM for me, I have to disagree with the people saying robbie was poor, not his best game, still was much better than last years away form.

An away win 1st game up is just perfect for us, Robbie not on fire is NOT the end of the world.

Plenty of time, lots of good rather than the usual.

All good stuff

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.