Official City v Fulham Thread

Todays performance was crap, we have been crap all season under hughes. Now I know that its his first season and he has a lot of crap players still in the side, I think the worst thing City ever did was sack Sven. Sure the football we played at times was not that attractive but we were getting results. It was only when talk of Sven leaving at the end of the season came that the results started to decline. You really have to ask yourself under sven where would be in the league now with the players we have. I think 4th or 5th.

The new owners want to buy all of these big name players and want city to be the biggest club in the world, the only way to achieve that is to make a big name "manager" signing that is highly regarded on a world scale and that international players have huge respect for. There are not many of these managers and Sven was one of them, unfortunately for us we fuckin sacked him.

You think Kaka would of said no if someone like hiddink or mourinho was in charge? I think not.

My other gripe about this season why we are not getting results is simple, poor tactics from hughes. I mean the formation he sets out EVERY game is to have about 7 players behind the ball at ALL times, leaving 3 to break (Swp, Robinho, Bellamy) unfortunately the distribution from the defensive players is shite and there is too many of them, resulting in the 3 attacking players having to come deep for the ball then having to sprint the full length of the pitch to try and create something! no wonder they are knackered after 35 minutes.

We need to scrap this defensive formation now if hughes wants to get anything from the season. The formation is Ok don't get me wrong until we concede, once we concede you have little attacking options as the 3 lone attackers have to start tracking back leaving NOBODY up front. When this season have we conceded or gone behind and hughes has actually changed the formation for an attacking one???? the answer is never, its an old cliche I know but the best form of defense really is attack.

I am fed up of watching 7 defensive players play it side to side back to front then back again.

Boring boring display, no wonder we got hammered....again.

Another big NAIL in the Mark Hughes coffin.
Tick Tock Tick Tock..............................

Without this sounding so strange, I think that maybe that utterly SHITE display may in fact give us the kick up the arse we need for thursday's game.
I do believe though that anything other than us qualifying for the semi's will see the end of Hughes.

Not only am i questioning the fitness of whether hughes has what it takes to run our club but also also his signings, who seem to be blameless however poorly they play. De Jong had an absolute shocker, the goal he gave away just capped his performance and this is not just on today's performance and i'm afraid jol has done us up like a kipper there. He's supposed to protect the back four , break up play and then set us going forward....or that's as i understand the supposed definition of the holding player ...he doesn't do any of it...the occasional good tackle, granted, and then yes he's very accurate with his 15 yard side footed passes...he seems incapable of using any other part of his foot, nor does he drive forward and set us going forward.......in the past i would have been fine with him...seems committed but we've set the bar higher now....so a major signing in a key position should be the dogs bollocks, and that's why i think kompany and zabaletta don't cut it either, much as i like them both...kompany's neither top class as a centre half nor as a midfielder...there his touch and passing just isn't good enough...in that role we should be looking at a viera in his prime...and the two just don't compare...zabs was bought as a right back and as much as i love his committment and passion, he's not top class there either, not good enough dedensively..so again, if we want to challenge the top 4, we're going to have to buy again for that position. now if for hughes these are signings just for us to be going on with, a step in the ladder if you like, then i'd be far happier if he could actually motivate his team, play players in their right position and rest players at the right moment..today for instance, okay stevie gets the goal, but he was knackered..should at least have been replaced by elano for the second half...and his handling of kompany's injury and well being has been nothing short of shocking..i've been in favour of hughes, i hate to see us get rid of another manager so soon, but i'm afraid if we want to get where we can now afford to be, then he has to go in the summer, on the proviso that we get someone in who's actually won a few trophies.

Im sure these results dont go amiss around big name players keeping a crafty eye on us..weve failed already to get some big big names in...is this because they dont want to play for City or Hughes ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.