Official City v Fulham Thread

Tattooedcityfan said:
i bet hamburg are shitting themselves after watching that! the summer should bring a total re-vamp of the squad,the players i would keep are Given,Robinho,Wright-Phillips,Petrov,Bojinov,De Jong,Ireland,Zabaleta,Bridge,Kompany,Sturridge. Bin the rest and start again.
fernandes
etuhu
evans
garrido
vassell
hamann
plus many more!

Completely agree...

we have a good starting 11, but as soon as ANYONE gets injured we are in serious trouble..

in addition, the players simply just didnt look hungry today. I cannot understand it. And as soon as they got their first one that was it.

..i`m not even going to mention Dunne...

How many times have individual errors cost us this season; there was 2 in this match alone!

Are they all tired or something??

Breaker said:
Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
I watched the first half after which I couldn't be bothered turning on for the second half. I think Hughes is defo a dead man walking and only a big performance this Thursday can save him (which I can't see happening right now). Hughes clearly cannot motivate his troops...I can tolerate a loss if the team have given their all, showed some passion, run themselves into the ground and never stopped trying but we very seldom seem to get that from Hughes' team.

I thought we played well in the first half? One-nil up at that point.
Are you having a laugh? We had 1 chance and scored from it and they should've been at least 2-0 up after 10 minutes, oh but we were winning we must've been playing good.

surely De Jong can't have been tired he's not been playing twice a week.boj and petrov are obviously 0% match fit,etuhu never looked like skinning anybody,richards and dunne are having a mare every match,garrido is crap,zab had an poor game,Ned was ok,given was helpless,if fulham had been on their game could have been 5 or 6!

GJF said:
we have a good starting 11, but as soon as ANYONE gets injured we are in serious trouble..

in addition, the players simply just didnt look hungry today. I cannot understand it. And as soon as they got their first one that was it.

..i`m not even going to mention Dunne...

How many times have individual errors cost us this season; there was 2 in this match alone!

Are they all tired or something??

Dunne is a fucking clown, he tried to put on Johnsons shirt at one point in the 2nd half, surely he must know that it wouldnt fit him? Andy Gray said 'What is Dunne thinking there'? The problem is he doesnt think because he does not have a brain. Ive never been a fan of Dunne but I am now at the point where I am starting to hate him, Vass was always public enemy number 1 but now he doesnt play Dunne is challenging for this title, luckily for Dunne, Richards is just about pipping him to it at the moment!

As for his captaincy have we ever had a worse captain than him? Fucking shocking, he has the leadership quality of a teabag!

Tattooedcityfan said:
surely De Jong can't have been tired he's not been playing twice a week.boj and petrov are obviously 0% match fit,etuhu never looked like skinning anybody,richards and dunne are having a mare every match,garrido is crap,zab had an poor game,Ned was ok,given was helpless,if fulham had been on their game could have been 5 or 6!

true..but ive not seen us play with that little drive since we lost away in the FA cup a couple of seasons ago with Pearce. Why dont we run at teams??? balls to it...we are all going over the same thing..
I am not in favour of sacking anyone, but I actually do think that if Hughes doesnt finish any higher than last season he`ll get sacked. Today was terrible. I mean..i applaud putting on more attacking players but you need players to setup up strikers! we were behind and we put on more strikers (good), but kept our defensive midfielders (bad). I can understand it in europe but not in the league....
oh well..at least no work tomorrow.

I waited an hour to cool down after the match before coming on here, but I can feel my blood pressure spiking just thinking about that one. Two games into The Biggest Week of the Season (To This Point), it's been an absolute disaster, with this season's and next season's UEFA Cup/Europa League hopes now hanging by the thinnest of threads.

Today's result was definitely the worst of the league campaign -- at home against one of the worst road clubs in the Prem. Maybe on par with the Forest result for worst of the season.

I've defended the idea of sticking with Hughes, but when you lost at home 3-1 to a club that had scored six away goals all season in the Premier League, it doesn't matter which players you were without. That's just a shocking result.

Coincidentally, it was a thrown-away lead at home against the very same woeful away side in last year's fixture that made me okay with the manager getting sacked. After watching that catastrophe today, I'm now officially with Hughes getting the sack at the end of the season. He simply hasn't met the minimum expectations this season to justify giving him a second season.

If someone with an actual track record of winning with high-priced talent is available this summer, I'm now 100 percent okay with a decision to switch managers.

I'm just back. And I'm fuming. One of the worst performances since Pearce. No heart, no effort, no defence, no attack. Ireland's goal was good. But he didn't do much else. Most of the side was poor, but Richards especially. Good to see Petrov back, but he obviously isn't 100% yet. Shouldn't have started.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.