Official City v Liverpool MatchDay Thread.

Mastes1 said:
gman07 said:
me neither...

Im not used to us controlling games against this kind of opposition... well at least the first 38 min... then Pool has hassled us a bit... we need a taller striker like ade along with tevez... but who would we want to change... all is having a good game... Milner has been a revelation... i know he is good but man he is just perfect for us...
Please don't think i'm trying to take away from your very good first half but this Liverpool are not the Liverpool under Benitez, the one thing they did have under Benitez was passion and workrate, they would chase teams down, double up on players and they did it so well that every so often they would destroy a good passing team like they did against Manu and Real Madrid, they were so good at not giving players space and time that opposing teams ended up being total demoralized (sp?) and then overrun. This Liverpool team are not doing that therefor they are looking very average because take away Liverpools passion, commitment and workrate and you're left with a very average team.
Again City have played well and i'm glad as i hate Liverpool but i always expected you to win if Liverpool didn't close City players down like they are not here.

Get off our forum, we have enough negative comments from people who actually support City - you've outstayed your welcome my friend.

One of the best things about this performance for me is that the other City players watching might think "I am so glad to be a part of this."

And Torres? Not good enough for where we are going. Not now anyway. ;-)

AWE.........SOME...even Richards was brilliant tonight...baconface was in the crowd too?...Doesnt get much better than this Blues!!!

lee-mcfc said:
speccybob 8 said:
I know because of the way we've gone about things tonight that it might be overlooked but i think NDJ has been brilliant, breaking play up and stopping people when its needed. Unsung Hero for me :)

hes quality i dont get why people always slate him e.g sabster

He was excellent today, but I just think Barry offers more than him.

lee-mcfc said:
speccybob 8 said:
I know because of the way we've gone about things tonight that it might be overlooked but i think NDJ has been brilliant, breaking play up and stopping people when its needed. Unsung Hero for me :)

NDJ is there to do a job, i think he does it well. Must admit it's not to everyones taste but opinions are like arseholes. Everybody has one!!

Edit: Fair play to every one who was there. heard you throughout :)

class<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:06 pm --<br /><br />
Sabster said:
lee-mcfc said:

He was excellent today, but I just think Barry offers more than him.
you just cant let it go for one day? ..oh well not going to get in an agruement about it am too HAPPY

well done city :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hart - Brilliant the few times he was called upon - mark of a true world-class keeper. Sensational on his triple-save!

Richards - One of the best games he's had for a while. Composed, aware and got forward. PLUS the 2nd goal was really his ;)

Kompany - An absolute rock, didn't put a foot wrong all game. Straight-forward defending.

K.Toure - So mobile, covering ground and putting in confident tackles all over the back.

Lescott - Considering he's out of position he played very well.

De Jong - True UNSUNG HERO. People who says we should drop him are talking utter utter rubbish and don't know anything about football.

Y. Toure - Like the commentators says, a tank! A very mobile tank, rapidly becoming what Vieria was at Arsenal. Driving force of our team.

Barry - Brilliant goal, brilliant performance. 100% effort both backwards and forwards.

Milner - Sensational debut at COMS, can't wait to see more of this lad! So steady and reliable, doesn't stop running and fighting.

AJ - Surely the most promising English player in his age group?? Just sensational, you could literarly see the fear in the Liverpool defenders when he ran at them.

Tevez - Our proud captain, runs like mad all game. Just doesn't let the ball get taken off him!! People don't perhaps notice so much his movement off the ball but it's just sensational. Always moving into space and the right channels. The figure-head of this new golden era :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.