Official City v Liverpool MatchDay Thread.

mackenzie said:
Joycee Banercheck said:
Can't fault any of that.

Nah, that's a great post I agree.

And the bit I like most is about AJ and the "fear in the Liverpool defenders when he ran at them."

Reminds of Peter Barnes.

Spot on and great shout with the Peter Barnes comparison, ball at feet upright posture and chin tucked into neck....it's all coming back to me, ahhh :)

three-fingers.jpg
fist.jpg

funny-pictures-tiger-has-a-killer-smile.jpg

Milner Johnson NDJ superb.

I really want to like Yaya but I can't see it yet. Looked slow and ineffective to me. What am I missing (genuine question!)

Cobwebcat said:

I really want to like Yaya but I can't see it yet. Looked slow and ineffective to me. What am I missing (genuine question!)

in one word 'fear', he absolutely monstered gerrard first half, died around the 60/70 min mark but christ almighty he is a brick wall...... though for me personally de jong was immense, thats for those who say he shouldn't be in the side.

magnificent from front to back....couldn't fault 1 of them. we dominated and controlled midfield,stifled Torres to the extent he went out wide looking for scraps,and attacked with conviction. if anyone in the media questioned why we paid £24 million for Milner and let Ireland go, then tonight answered that emphatically. Milner on his debut, having been with us only a few days was superb, going forward and getting back to help out Lescott.Adam Johnson,at £5 million must be THE bargain of the last 18 months of transfers for any club,nothing fazes the lad, he has seen us bring in a number of big name players, some capable of playing in his position,and his answer is to say "no problem,i'll step up my game even more and prove I deserve a place in this team"(perhaps a certain Mr Ireland should have taken note!) AJ has a big future for both City and England. Yaya really is the complete central midfielder,cool as a cucumber,fantastic passing,tackles like an ox and makes the game look so easy. what impressed me toight is that we hunted in pairs,whenever a Liverpool player had the ball, he had 2 City players in his face getting the ball back. And early signs are that we have the real Kolo Toure back this season, him and Kompany could form a solid back line, and they must get huge confidence from having, on current form, the best keeper in the league behind them.

Cobwebcat said:

Always available in the middle, massively comfortable on the ball, spreads play brilliantly.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Cobwebcat said:

in one word 'fear', he absolutely monstered gerrard first half, died around the 60/70 min mark but christ almighty he is a brick wall...... though for me personally de jong was immense, thats for those who say he shouldn't be in the side.

Yaya makes space for himself in a crowded midfield. he was played higher up the pitch than he is most effective at, but still bossed the Liverpool midfiled alongside Barry and "the rock" De Jong. agree he was immense tonight,and he has a vital role to play this season, letting Yaya and Barry make those important runs from midfield, while he sits there as the destroyer in front of the back 4

Cobwebcat said:

Yaya doesn't look 100% fit yet, but he has obvious class. You can see he's come from Barca, he'll take the ball in any position and keep it, not afraid to play incisive, but still safe passes, when lesser midfielders would take the simple option and lay it off to a full-back in tonnes of space. He has quick feet to create a bit of space, obviously strength to hold opponents off, and the awareness to use the ball well.

I think the driving, dominating performances may come later, but it's obvious he's a brilliant player.

ElanJo said:
4-5-1 :/

____________________Hart____________________

Richards______Toure_______Kompany____Lescott

__________________De Jong___________________

__________Yaya_____________Barry____________

Milner________________________________Johnson

__________________Tevez_____________________

RM overrates Liverpool :(

To be fair to RM he got it spot on tonight. STFU ElanJo!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.