Official City v Liverpool MatchDay Thread.

the talisman said:
Silva over AJ for me, best footballer at the club (tin hat on!).

AJ will get plenty of games, probably mostly coming off the bench, but he's got a long way to go before he can keep Silva out of the starting 11.

When I say Silva is the best player we've got, of course that's only because SI is no longer with us;-)

It'a a good job I'm not picking the team!!!

very very impressed with this game... best Ive seen us play for very very long... so many great ballplayers... so great in passing and retention of the ball... soaked their attack up brilliantly... yaya as AM was a revelation, Barry played his best match for us, De Jong just brilliant... and Kolo and Kompany ruled the defence along with Hart... AJ and Milner never stopped running and gave their heart out and played so brilliantly... even richards and lescott had decent games... but i cant wait til I see Boateng and Kolarov as fullbacks... left talking about is Tevez... what a brilliant player he is... never losing possession, always available for a pass, quick feet and 2 goals... what more can you ask for of you striker... just perfect!!!

We are gonna rock this league and we are gonna be very hard to break down for any team... we have steel in midfield, we have steel in defence and we have brilliance upfront...

CTID

the--dud said:
Hart - Brilliant the few times he was called upon - mark of a true world-class keeper. Sensational on his triple-save!

Richards - One of the best games he's had for a while. Composed, aware and got forward. PLUS the 2nd goal was really his ;)

Kompany - An absolute rock, didn't put a foot wrong all game. Straight-forward defending.

K.Toure - So mobile, covering ground and putting in confident tackles all over the back.

Lescott - Considering he's out of position he played very well.

De Jong - True UNSUNG HERO. People who says we should drop him are talking utter utter rubbish and don't know anything about football.

Y. Toure - Like the commentators says, a tank! A very mobile tank, rapidly becoming what Vieria was at Arsenal. Driving force of our team.

Barry - Brilliant goal, brilliant performance. 100% effort both backwards and forwards.

Milner - Sensational debut at COMS, can't wait to see more of this lad! So steady and reliable, doesn't stop running and fighting.

AJ - Surely the most promising English player in his age group?? Just sensational, you could literarly see the fear in the Liverpool defenders when he ran at them.

Tevez - Our proud captain, runs like mad all game. Just doesn't let the ball get taken off him!! People don't perhaps notice so much his movement off the ball but it's just sensational. Always moving into space and the right channels. The figure-head of this new golden era :D
Can't fault any of that.

Joycee Banercheck said:
the--dud said:
Hart - Brilliant the few times he was called upon - mark of a true world-class keeper. Sensational on his triple-save!

Richards - One of the best games he's had for a while. Composed, aware and got forward. PLUS the 2nd goal was really his ;)

Kompany - An absolute rock, didn't put a foot wrong all game. Straight-forward defending.

K.Toure - So mobile, covering ground and putting in confident tackles all over the back.

Lescott - Considering he's out of position he played very well.

De Jong - True UNSUNG HERO. People who says we should drop him are talking utter utter rubbish and don't know anything about football.

Y. Toure - Like the commentators says, a tank! A very mobile tank, rapidly becoming what Vieria was at Arsenal. Driving force of our team.

Barry - Brilliant goal, brilliant performance. 100% effort both backwards and forwards.

Milner - Sensational debut at COMS, can't wait to see more of this lad! So steady and reliable, doesn't stop running and fighting.

AJ - Surely the most promising English player in his age group?? Just sensational, you could literarly see the fear in the Liverpool defenders when he ran at them.

Tevez - Our proud captain, runs like mad all game. Just doesn't let the ball get taken off him!! People don't perhaps notice so much his movement off the ball but it's just sensational. Always moving into space and the right channels. The figure-head of this new golden era :D
Can't fault any of that.

Nah, that's a great post I agree.

And the bit I like most is about AJ and the "fear in the Liverpool defenders when he ran at them."

Reminds of Peter Barnes.

from a scouse
City's turnaround play was excellent. Some of the best I've seen in a long time. Knock it all we want, but the way that City managed to intelligently counterattack after winning the ball back with Yaya/De Jong/Barry and spreading to Tevez/Milner/Johnson was what won them the game. The 3 defensive midfielders completely shut Gerrard out of the game.

:)

Mancini got it spot on, absolutely dominated midfield. Media darling Hodgson got it badly wrong with 4-4-2. The best thing is we didn't actually play that well, everyone just did their job, a lot more to come. Exciting times.

Just want to say something I thought very significant.

Thank you to those who lent their voices in COMS just now. On TV, we sounded excellent and shows we are a proudly supported team no doubt. I hope this gets better as I believe it has an impact to today's game.

I doff my hat to you lots. Well done!

another scouse

No control of the midfield, obvious from the start that Yaya, one of the best midfielders in the world, would have blinder. Outnumbered, could only resort to balls out wide and over the top to the strikers, no wonder Torres and Ngog couldn't do anything. I'm sure Mancini was fucking laughing his ass off once he saw the lineups.

:)

nice to be talked about in a good way for a change hey

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.