Official City v Liverpool MatchDay Thread.

the talisman said:
GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
I s'pose Milner is a pub player as well... I'd cut down if I were you, mate :-)

Hahaha. I enjoyed being proved wrong tonight.

I did say tin hat on, but no intention of cutting down.

Apparently I also made "the worst post of the fucking night" according to one absolute gent over on the main forum!

I'll start working on some gems for the next match.

Hahahaha fair do's mate, me neither - Talkin' of cuttin' down, Did you see Rab C tonight? Well slewed, (again) Could hardly stay upright in his seat! Fuckin' hilarious

Watched the game from a neutral's point of view and thought you were very solid . Barry was back to his best never gave the ball away always availiable and kept the ball moving . Milner did what he did at Villa unspectacular but his work rate and movement / energy gave you options against a pedestrian looking Liverpool side . A lot better debut than Ireland that's for sure .

Defensively you look better Hart is a class act and whilst Torres was sharper tonight you did well against him .

Honest opinion top 4 is easily within reach but a long way off Chelsea or United as I think you still haven't got the big players to compete against their big players . Can't knock the win though .

As a critic of Mancini it's only fair to say he got it spot on last night. We were much more aggressive, both in winning the ball higher up the pitch and getting men forward. Barry particularly benefitted from playing further up the pitch, as he does for England. Milner was involved all the time (were you watching Stevie Ireland?) and AJ had a really good game against one of the "bigger" clubs for the first time.

I still have a concern that we're a bit one-paced going forward and that for the 65% possession we had we didn't create more chances but I'm not going to let that spoil my enjoyment of our best result against Liverpool since our first title winning season.

I thought everyone was fantastic last night, Tolo justs gets better each game without the captaincy. I hope all the experts will now stop lumping Yaya in with all our 'holding midfield players', I dont believe he was bought for that. To be honest, for a massive guy he's a bit lightweight! Nigel has stopped the behaviour that led to some fans calling him a headless chicken too(never really subscribed to that anyway), thought we looked like a tag team in midfield at times we had that many men available for the tackle.
Finally, seen the weather this morning ! - welcome to Manchester Mario!

I could not get on here last night and have not read all the posts so forgive me if this has already been mentioned.
A lot of people will be saying that Liverpool did not turn up. It will be interesting to see how many other teams ‘do not turn up’ over the season.
We have our two first choice full backs out injured so the team was set up to compensate. The team is still getting to know each other so another reason for the so called ‘negative’ set up.
Gerrard is not known for slacking, yet I forgot he was playing at one point. Torres is widely accepted as being ‘inform’ yet our weakened back four looked after him.
Keeping the ball and scoring without the need for 500 attempts on goal from a team that has not gelled?
What a season we have ahead.

V MYSTERYMAN said:
Watched the game from a neutral's point of view and thought you were very solid... honest opinion top 4 is easily within reach but a long way off Chelsea or United as I think you still haven't got the big players to compete against their big players.
Not sure about a fully fit Chelsea but we certainly have more "big players" than Bloody Oonited. Second place should be within reach.

I was at the game, And some guy was sat behind me and he just chats shit so much, Well i jus let it go over my head, But this time he was really getting to me, He was saying "Mancini you ducking spik, Your formation this game aint working, Why is Y.Toure attacking !" Well we got to 3-0 (Was Amazing) and he shouted ! "Clearly your Tactics are not working Mancini!" I was so annoyed, what does he ducking expect ! COME ON ! I hope this guy is on the forum, and i hope he see's this and stops ducking complaining, He's a DUCKING FUDDEL

Prestwich_Blue said:
As a critic of Mancini it's only fair to say he got it spot on last night. We were much more aggressive, both in winning the ball higher up the pitch and getting men forward. Barry particularly benefitted from playing further up the pitch, as he does for England. Milner was involved all the time (were you watching Stevie Ireland?) and AJ had a really good game against one of the "bigger" clubs for the first time.

I still have a concern that we're a bit one-paced going forward and that for the 65% possession we had we didn't create more chances but I'm not going to let that spoil my enjoyment of our best result against Liverpool since our first title winning season.

hehehehhehhehehehehheheheheehh........................whooooooooo Clarkie bait.

Can't stop laughing at those............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.