Official City v Liverpool MatchDay Thread.

I have not read anybody else's post on this thread as I didn't want to be influenced by any opinions from other posters. Especially the ones that I admire. I apologise in advance if any of this has been said before.

I am no tactical genious but I thought we were as organised defensively as Chelsea, we swept forward and from side to side as competently as the Rags and the one touch stuff was nearly as good as Arsenal's.

We were frighteningly good. The Dippers were in fact lucky it wasn't more.

For all the posters who are addicted to the " Tactics" thread. 59% posession.

You could see the "Gap in class" closing over the last couple of seasons......
I read one post from a L'pool forum saying... "What do you expect when they spend £350 million on new players?"
Erm...don't look now sonny but £285 of that was out injured; on loan or on the bench.......

Were making history right now!!

very pleased with what I saw tonight, and as other posters have noted in the last few pages we were getting our challenges in with swift succession and pressured them well when we didn't have the ball in midfield.

this result should give them confidence, and some outstanding individual performances too.

all we need now is to whip West Brom and then crap on ManUre; it'll be a wonderful start to our campaign 'inshallah', ehehe

- I even won a nice amount on my spread bet on this game with Extrabet (IGIndex) with the help of their very swift customer service folks; kudos to them too!

a near perfect evening all round

;o)

Thought we were immense tonight, Hodgson said after that he felt 3-0 was harsh on Liverpool. Disagree with that, they had a couple of spells, hit the post, but a team thats looking to break into the champions league they should be doing that anyway. We were just better in every department.

What Im really looking forward to is a fully fit squad. I think mancio has his select 13/14 players and a pretty good idea of his starting 11 when all are back fit. When Kolarov and Boateng are back this side has every chance of winning the league, if anyone has seen these 2 play youll understand why I make such a statement. Both of them are attacking full-backs who can get past defenders and put quality balls into the box, the only thing missing from our weaponary tonight was that. Micha couldnt cross two planks of wood, let alone a football. Always been his weakness, and Joleon is only a makeshift left back who can do a decent enough job but not quite as well Kolarov. His left foot is a rocket and from dead ball set pieces he puts in the kind of cross that we have been missing for years. Pace, power, accuracy and bend. Those crosses/corners are religiously difficult to defend and something city have had a problem with over the years in both boxes.

The way I see it, with a fully fit squad, we a complete tool-box.

All down to Roberto then and he manages it, personally I like the formation he plays, with the right players its a crackin system. It won him his name at Inter, that team was stupidly difficult to beat but more than capable of scoring goals and winning trophies. I see shades of that now, hes just using the formula that has got him to where he is now.

If it aint broke, dont fix it

the talisman said:
Silva over AJ for me, best footballer at the club (tin hat on!).

AJ will get plenty of games, probably mostly coming off the bench, but he's got a long way to go before he can keep Silva out of the starting 11.

When I say Silva is the best player we've got, of course that's only because SI is no longer with us;-)

I s'pose Milner is a pub player as well... I'd cut down if I were you, mate :-)

I thought that in some ways we were scary good.

Think about it, we twatted a very good (although admittedly not nearly as good as the used to be) team. Some may argue that Liverpool were just poor, but I would say that there's an art in making good teams look poor. They sure didn't look poor against Arsenal.

Keeping in mind that this team has barely had time to play together and gel, is missing it's two attacking full backs which I believe will be a big part of how we play, and still had talent in the likes of David freaking Silva and Adebayor on the bench, then wow.

yankblue said:
I thought that in some ways we were scary good.

Think about it, we twatted a very good (although admittedly not nearly as good as the used to be) team. Some may argue that Liverpool were just poor, but I would say that there's an art in making good teams look poor. They sure didn't look poor against Arsenal.

Keeping in mind that this team has barely had time to play together and gel, is missing it's two attacking full backs which I believe will be a big part of how we play, and still had talent in the likes of David freaking Silva and Adebayor on the bench, then wow.
No youre right, superb performence - we made em look awfull - (Gerrard, Torres & all)
Did you see Torres's face when he was substituted. No prizes for guessing what he was thinking..."WELL TOO LATE MATE, THE BUS HAS LEFT TOWN, AND YOU WEREN'T ON IT"

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
the talisman said:
Silva over AJ for me, best footballer at the club (tin hat on!).

AJ will get plenty of games, probably mostly coming off the bench, but he's got a long way to go before he can keep Silva out of the starting 11.

When I say Silva is the best player we've got, of course that's only because SI is no longer with us;-)

I s'pose Milner is a pub player as well... I'd cut down if I were you, mate :-)

Hahaha. I enjoyed being proved wrong tonight.

I did say tin hat on, but no intention of cutting down.

Apparently I also made "the worst post of the fucking night" according to one absolute gent over on the main forum!

I'll start working on some gems for the next match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.