Official City v Liverpool MatchDay Thread.

lloydie said:
mackenzie said:
Nah, that's a great post I agree.

And the bit I like most is about AJ and the "fear in the Liverpool defenders when he ran at them."

Reminds of Peter Barnes.

Spot on and great shout with the Peter Barnes comparison, ball at feet upright posture and chin tucked into neck....it's all coming back to me, ahhh :)
I've only seen Peter Barnes on VHS thanks to my Dad and his mates, but what I said to the old man tonight was that AJ is a proper orthodox winger. Give him the ball, he'll take the man on, whip it in or cut inside. I suppose I can only really make comparisons to Paul Simpson and Beagrie. We have a real talent there.

TheYhe missus can't wind me up with her drivvle tonight , I love even the super rats of middlesborough, 3 ft long, wow

WONDERFUL WIN! what we all needed to give us the start of a season that could, and should be the best ever! they all played well and we only played 2 of our new signings, what does that say? We can and WILL do it, you could see the energy and determination in all the players, I was pleasantly surprised to see Micah play so well with maturity and tenacity without his over the top aggression. PS didn't Gerrad look pissed off at the start? let alone the end.

I've been going sinced 1971 and that's the biggest gap between us and them I've seen in all that time (in our favour!). What a spanking...

mcfc-fullstop said:
WONDERFUL WIN! what we all needed to give us the start of a season that could, and should be the best ever! they all played well and we only played 2 of our new signings, what does that say? We can and WILL do it, you could see the energy and determination in all the players, I was pleasantly surprised to see Micah play so well with maturity and tenacity without his over the top aggression. PS didn't Gerrad look pissed off at the start? let alone the end.

Agree a good all round performance, and yes Gerrard did look very pissed off even before the game began - off to Real Madrid because we don't need him!

Great performance, even better result.

Lots of outstanding individual performances. Milner's debut was a joy to see - energy and invention.

We did so much to make sure we did not conceed - credit to all. The dedication to keep possession and stop the opposition was first class. Our clearances went to blue shirts - good to see.

We outclassed Liverpool. Not been able to say that often, if any time in my 30 years of watching City.

Well done City. Keep it up!

gman07 said:
very very impressed with this game... best Ive seen us play for very very long... so many great ballplayers... so great in passing and retention of the ball... soaked their attack up brilliantly... yaya as AM was a revelation, Barry played his best match for us, De Jong just brilliant... and Kolo and Kompany ruled the defence along with Hart... AJ and Milner never stopped running and gave their heart out and played so brilliantly... even richards and lescott had decent games... but i cant wait til I see Boateng and Kolarov as fullbacks... left talking about is Tevez... what a brilliant player he is... never losing possession, always available for a pass, quick feet and 2 goals... what more can you ask for of you striker... just perfect!!!

We are gonna rock this league and we are gonna be very hard to break down for any team... we have steel in midfield, we have steel in defence and we have brilliance upfront...

CTID

Excellent post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.