Official City v Sunderland thread

black mamba said:
Brucie Bonus said:
Sigh of relief after playing a BAD 10-man team - suffering with a ton of yellows as well - at COMS?

Good result. Some good performances, but some really, really, really shit finishing and selfish play.

It really should have been a nine man team ...... Bardsley will never know how he escaped gettin' a second yellow there!
Well we ended up with 9 men anyway, so it would have been even.

decent performance, i agree robinho is getting desperate and affecting his play. do you think elano would have let anyone else take that pen!
international break now so a bit of time for the injuries to heal.

Project said:
moomba said:
Would like to see us be a bit smarter trying to beat 10 men though, it's not rocket science.

Disagree with this - I think we played the 10 men perfectly. Passed it, made the pitch as large as possible and bided our time. It was working as we created lots of chances which is more than we could say about the Stoke game. Not taking those chances had nothing to do with how we went about our business against 10 men but more about our lack of conviction at times. And with it still at just 1-0 there was obviously going to be edgy moments in the final 10 minutes as Sunderland pushed everybody forward. For the large part though against the 10 men we were comfortable, created space, opportunities and ultimately the goal we needed.
Unbelieveable comment.

We retained possession brilliantly, constantly moving the ball from side to side until an opportunity arose. If there was a fault it was in the final ball, or shot, not the general play

What the jesus was Robinho doing? It was a truly shocking penalty. Didn't look confident tbh.

Good result. Would've liked a couple more though.

Marvin said:
Unbelieveable comment.

We retained possession brilliantly, constantly moving the ball from side to side until an opportunity arose. If there was a fault it was in the final ball, or shot, not the general play

Unbelievable? Talk about prone to the amateur dramatics.

I thought for a period of about 5 minutes after our goal we moved the ball around the way we should of against 10 men. The rest of the game, we didn't do it nearly enough IMO.

moomba said:
Marvin said:
Unbelieveable comment.

Unbelievable? Talk about prone to the amateur dramatics.

I thought for a period of about 5 minutes after our goal we moved the ball around the way we should of against 10 men. The rest of the game, we didn't do it nearly enough IMO.
Yeah I agree, it looked like we had the 10 men for a lot of the match.

fctb0x.jpg

Bert Trauttman today at CoMS

Pic courtesy Droylsdenblue

Thanks mate

I'm concerned that we're letting half-fit players loose with their countries over the next 2 weeks now. Talk of Bojinov playing for his country after we've spent 6 months trying to get him fit!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.