Official City v Sunderland thread

Over all..

Robinho had a poor day. (A very rare one so get off his back)
Richards is getting back to the form that got him in the England team.
Bojinov had a cracking game. (did anyone see the pout he made when he argued the penalty was a red card?) quality lol
De Jong excelled with Kompany in the middle.

The whole team excelled as one, We could of got a few more goals. A good day at the office.

Istanbul, Istanbul.. ;)

Take care mates.. night.

Wow Boijnov has some speed, dribbling skills, and some clever passing. I cannot wait to see him play more! I'm glad Bellamy is getting over his injury and coming back into the line-up. Robinho did well not his best and I really think that penalty was his chance to get back his confidence! However it shows alot of his stuggle in that moment I think! We should have had a few more goals but the game was good and some nice defending. Elano did superbly and should have had a goal to his name but a bit of bad luck went his way! Unfortanetly I've still not taken a liking to Gelson Fernandes mostly because I haven't seen much out of him. Everyone did really well for the most of the game.

MOTD highlights seemed to miss a lot of our attacks - even some one on ones, and emphasised Sunderland's late pressure

Didn't think it reflected an extremely dominat City display.

You could argue that we should be beating teams like Sunderland after they've been reduced to 10 men, but how many times have we seen City teams struggle to do that

In spite of a few injuries, missing players, and fatigue, we overcame the blow of missing the penalty and passed the ball really well (with exception of a few wayward passes from De Jong). What was noticeable about our game was our confidence and patience on the ball, and the way we maintained control of the game despite the narrow scoreline.

In earlier games Hughes talked about seeing games out through possession football, and that was what we did today.

Perhaps I'm being over-optimistic, but I was very pleased with our performance today, because I thought it was a poetntial banana skin. The weekend's games saw soe very intense games from teams under threat of relegation, and I thought Sunderland would push a tired City tem very hard

Robinho has had far worse games than he had today IMO (penalty aside), including last week against Chelsea. Today was against a poor 10-man team mind, but he had 3 or 4 legitimate chances. I've got the feeling once he gets back on track (which they tried to do today in the first place letting him take the pen) goals will start pouring in. There'd be no better way (ok, maybe the Rags!) to quiet the plaudits than a big performance next game at the Emirates

Arthur Lager said:
I'm concerned that we're letting half-fit players loose with their countries over the next 2 weeks now. Talk of Bojinov playing for his country after we've spent 6 months trying to get him fit!

I agree Arthur. Welcome.

blue 1992 said:
A bit of a dissapointing performance but all that matters now is the 3 points. You done us proud Micah keep it up. But can someone explan why Robby took the penalty even tho Elano takes the pennies?

My guess is because he is the official pen taker when in the side, as Elano is not a certain pick by any means.

Don't be so miserable.Team has the 3 points and looks forward the next match.I want for now only the three points,from the next season i will demand good performances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.