Official City vs Burnley thread

im off to take my effigy of mark hughes to my local bonfire.

and its bloody arsing it down.

hughes has to go for me can't organise shit not good enough with the superstars we have time for a change!!!

Hughes is destroying the confidence of the players imo
We have little team spirit

Cant win here, we play 2 defensive midfielders we cant score enough, we drop DeJong and get fucked over.

Referee was piss weak. Didnt have the guts to make any major decisions. At one point from where I say him and his assistant didnt know whether it was a corner or goal kick. So they guessed. I just dont think he was up to prem standard. Although thats not why we failed to win.

We failed to win because Hughes is, yet again, a clueless fuckwit. Leading 3-2 after being 2-0 down. Takes of Tevez and brings on Petrov who is the biggest defensive pussy since robinho. If anything, leave bellers wide and put petrov up top. Severely weakened on side of the team.

Back to the drawing board I guess.

There's no doubt its a bad result. Losing to a team which is yet to win away from home, and yes, if we wanna at least have a crack at top 4... we have got to take 3 points from these games. HAVE TO.

My main worry is our midfield.
Barry isn't playing too well at the moment. I do rate him, and have for many years. My brother's a villa fan, and is always raving on about him, and how much villa miss his presence.

But our problem is, Ireland's a most gifted midfielder, and i think should be first name on team sheet. He's are only real attacking mid, who can make something out of nothing.

Problem is, when we leave De Jong out, we look extremely vunerable & light-weight in middle of the park, its scary.

All week, people on here have, been screaming for Ireland to start this match, and im glad he did!, but has to be said, we were missing De Jong at times today....ALOT!

does that mean we go for Ireland - Dejong midfield? And drop Barry?

Or does any1 think there's a formation to fit all 3 in? i think it might leave us with a lack of width playing the 3 of them

Still, im staying positive....wayyyyyyy to much quality in the team for us to keep producing results like this. it'll come good, no doubts at all!

shame there's a two week break tho for internationals...wud have preferred a quick-fire 3point result lol.

Btw MOM 2dae...wright-phillips with ease.

Ade was bit of pace, but please back off Lescott, he's quality defender!

is anyone really surprised Robinho wants to leave ? Hughes needs to sort it fast‚ i doubt draws with shite like burnley go down well with the owners. p.s Why does Hughes always talk about adressing aspects of the defence only to have them play 10 times worse the next week? Does he just shout attack as they are running onto the pitch?

Really was a “same old city” kind of performance, the kind we've been enduring since forever.

Hughes had taken Burnley lightly and expected the open game.

And Ireland really made little impact. The 4-4-2 formation and the players that Hughes plays no longer allow him to move freely and shine as last season.
Today he showed why Hughes hadn't recently played him.
And it was surprise that he dropped De Jong who was named a captain last two games.

Ireland and Barry made vacant space in front of the back line.
Burnley thrived in the vital area.
Hughes must have thought De Jong was not necessary against the weak side at home.
But his absent was crucial.

Against Liverpool, City need De Jong.

This is why this squad need Robinho back ASAP! At least his moments of magic and brilliance can cover up the tactical and intellectual incompetence of that foolish Mark Hughes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.