Official City vs Burnley thread

ono said:
RobinJo said:
Yes any game we haven't won by 5 clear goals counts as a poor game.
No, any game where we drop 2 points to a team who we have huge advantages over, is a poor game. So, Fulham, Birmingham, Burnley (fucking burnley), Wigan are all examples of a poor game. When poor games follow on from each-other, 5 times in a row, people tend to wonder what the fuck is going. Especially when you've got the likes of Adebayor, Barry, Tevez, Given, Toure, Ireland and SWP on the pitch.

Ono,

You are absolutely right to state that. We have so much quality on the pitch. The quality we have is the envy of 14 of the Premier League clubs.

Sadly we do not have a manager worthy of providing what is most needed, viz:-

1. Tactical awareness
2. Inculcating the sides he picks with a sense of self-belief.

Mattyc55 said:
KenTheLandlord said:
It is really, game in hand, 6th in November, team still gelling and still in the cup.

How's life in whingeville?

The team is not gelling though is it mate, if anything were going backwards. Being 2 points ahead of a Liverpool side that has lost 5 games, and behind Villa (who lost their captain) is seriously nothing to be proud of, especially considering how much we've spent.

4 points ahead of Burnley and Stoke in mid table also

What's our premier league record like against Wigan? How did Chelsea do against Wigan.. oh, or against Villa? How did Yernited do against Burnley.. Or Tottenham at home against Stoke? Or Liverpool at Fulham? Or Yernited at home to Sunderland?
Yes I'd like to presume we're better than the shit we've drawn against but as the cliche states, there are no easy games in the prem.
Sloppy defending is causing the problem but this will get better the longer they play together.

We've been in a lot worse positions than 6th in the prem with 11 games gone and no defeats (I won't acknowledge "that" result).

Keep the faith.

Hughes is destroying the confidence of the players imo
We have little team spirit

Aerosol_Kid said:
What's our premier league record like against Wigan? How did Chelsea do against Wigan.. oh, or against Villa? How did Yernited do against Burnley.. Or Tottenham at home against Stoke? Or Liverpool at Fulham? Or Yernited at home to Sunderland?
Yes I'd like to presume we're better than the shit we've drawn against but as the cliche states, there are no easy games in the prem.
Sloppy defending is causing the problem but this will get better the longer they play together.

We've been in a lot worse positions than 6th in the prem with 11 games gone and no defeats (I won't acknowledge "that" result).

Keep the faith.

Good first post mate.

Why MH took out Tevez, while he should have taken out Ade.

MH should just leave, and we should have an experiance manager who can select good players and bring the best out of them.

We have to stop conceding goals from poor marking and school boy errors if we are to be considered serious opposition each week.

All of Burnleys goals were preventable and until we get our act together at the back we will not get the points the side is capable of getting.

That performance was worse than last weeks considering the opposition and the fact we were at home.

I hope we come to play at Anfield because at present we are short of what I expect from this side.

Blame Hughes or blame the players or blame both it matters little we have to do better than our recent performances in the premiership.

Miami Weiss said:
Aerosol_Kid said:

Keep the faith.

Good first post mate.

Cheers - been lurking for a bit but felt the need to try and calm everyone's expectations down, it's great to be disappointed everytime we don't win but at half time I would have ripped 'yer arm off for a point :O) and anyway Bury at home (0-1) reminds me how far we've actually come

I cant say im suprised about the result today.

Rule number 1 - Dont replace your two centre halves at the same time, without a firm base to attack from the strikers have lost confidence.

doomuk said:
The season isnt even halfway yet. A few wins and we'll be pushing up top again. Might not be the richest vain of form and if it was March I could half understand it but its only Nov.

Calm your skin down.

Seen it all before though haven't we. Been there, worn that tee-shirt. And you know what? March arrived. And we were still shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.