Official City vs Burnley thread

We have got the forth best squad in the league. Champs league spot is up for grabs. Hughes is not the man to get us there. He has modern day players with excellent technique at his disposal, and is asking them to play old fashioned, traditional British football as seen at Blackburn and Wales.
No wonder they all look lost and bemused.
Imagine what someone like Wenger would do with our squad.

Driving to the match today, my sixth sense told me it could be a Burnley win - lets face it, City unbeaten at home and Burnley without an away win - and then we are 2 down after half an hour (groan). I said to my fellow supporters "Get one before half time and we'll win 3-2". Cue SWP on 43 mins and 2 second half goals within 15 minutes of the whistle and I was on for a result. The more we threatened (but didn't score that crucial 4th) the more I sensed a calamity. "Singing 2-0 and you fuc*ed it up" pre-empted the inevitable - gutted ! 5 straight draws and "typical City" returneth. But does it? I look back at the Palace cup game, a possible upset last season but job done this year; the Wigan and Fulham hoodoo matches at least see us gain a point a piece from both with a point in Brum too (you just know that their penalty would have been netted last season!) Of course I would like to have seen us shut up shop both today and against Fulham and defensive issues need addressing fast but we are 6th, 5 points off 2nd place, unbeaten at home, lost only once this season and in the League Cup Quarter Finals. My cup is still half full tonight, oh and by the way, my sixth sense says away win at scouse!

The Doc said:
somervillain said:
Should've just let Nugent score there. It's a shocking loss of points either way.
what the fuck is this guy on? Disappointing result, yes, but not a fucking disaster

If dropping points at home to the worst away side in the Prem from a winning position doesn't constitute a disaster, what does?

Today just showed why MH is not good enough as the city manager. He is lacking tactically and does not seem to be able to motivate the players when it matters. I wish I could quote otherwise but I am afraid that he is not up to the job and as much as we discuss and argue it really is a waste of time. He is never going to take city where we want it to go. I wish he could because Ilike him and wish him every success but I know he will not be here for much longer. Failure to beat Burnley at home is quite frankly a disaster and for that he has to take the blame.

ElanJo said:
Welcome back Scorer
As i wasn't there when we went 3-2 up I wasn;t there when we went 3-3

The clown is clueless......... Kid yourseles all you want for as long as you want that he's the bestb thing since sliced bread...one day you will realise how stupid you've all been, one day. Lets hope you all realise this before he damages our beloved club beyond a state of repair, all we can do is hope!!

Not happy to see W. Bridge playing out of position all the time, why not remind him where he should play, Mr. Hughes by letting him on the bench for a while?
Why was he still playing in the second half after the disastrous performance from the first half when he cost us 2 goals by going forward and not protecting the central defenders?
I strongly believe if he would have stuck in defense, we would have been on top today. Plus the last header...

Not sure which was worse the 3-3 result or standing in the pouring rain from 5pm until 5.30pm waiting for the invisible buses to take us into town, only to be told that the police had blocked the road off and that walking would be quicker. Now 20 years ago that wouldn't have been a problem but with bad knees, hip and back it was horrendous. And on reflection the 90 minutes after the match was far worse than the 90 minutes of the actual match, and that's saying something.

funny to see the difference in this thread from page 1 ie MC 6- 0 Burnley to this page

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.