[Official] Guardiola to manage City next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guardiola went to the airport and onto a private plane after City announced the transfer.

38af58be6aa1ce96dc45592a5786dc70.jpg

The only difference is the winter break. The top players at Bayern do not have less match time as the EPL clubs play the Cup matches often with youngsters. During the season it is two matches a week for Bayern, too. You cannot do matches with bench players in the Bundesliga. Who thinks like this does not watch the games or the league.
only 18 teams in Bundesliga?

When we loose a game next season It's going to be great listening to Robbie Savage, Collymore, Owen etc explaining to us where Pep has gone wrong with his team selection or tactics. I hope he's willing to learn from England and Wales's finest football brains.

new tune required now methinks - pelligrini song sails off into history alongside the mancini one

This is not about the league. It's not about the Champions League. It's not about the football we will play, nor the particular players.

Don't get me wrong, I think we will be positively transformed in all those departments. But even if we didn't, even if we didn't win the league or the Champions League, this is about City taking the next step, a HUGE step in our progression to becoming a dominant force in world football. For decades now the Premier League has signed good players, very very good players even. But the true Galacticos have always been bound for Real and Barca. From today, that changes. From today, we can realistically go after anyone we want. There is not a player on the planet who would say "why would I want to go THERE?" anymore.

We have, in a word, arrived.

That is pretty much how I see it.

In early 2011, just after we had lost at the swamp, Mike Summerbee said we would go there before too long and take them apart. He wasn't taken seriously.

Later that same year with much the same team we did exactly that and beat them 6-1, and that was described as a massive statement by the club - even though we already knew we were that good because we watched them every week. It was however the day the rest of the league sat up and took notice.

Today, it feels to me not like the day we achieved something, we have already done that, but more as an indication of where we already are. I am as delighted as everyone to have Pep, but I don't see it as taking our place amongst the world's true elite, I see it as cementing the place we have already achieved. It confirms the position that we have build with such care over the last years. We as blues already know where we are with this club. This announcement just lets the rest of the world know it, too.

When we loose a game next season It's going to be great listening to Robbie Savage, Collymore, Owen etc explaining to us where Pep has gone wrong with his team selection or tactics. I hope he's willing to learn from England and Wales's finest football brains.
hell pep has only lost 19 games... ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.