Official Hamburg vs Manchester City FC Thread

Tell The King said:
That's it. Us out of the game.
Goodbye glory. Goodbye success.
Hello, familiar, bitter dissappointment.
Don't be so fucking melodramatic.

Remember, we showed how quickly you can score a goal.

Halfpenny said:
Tell The King said:
That's it. Us out of the game.
Goodbye glory. Goodbye success.
Hello, familiar, bitter dissappointment.
Don't be so fucking melodramatic.

Remember, we showed how quickly you can score a goal.
Fair point. I love a bit of melodrama though. Comes with supporting City!
But yeah, you're right, let's get behind the lads and go for the win at home!

PowderBlue said:
Joe from HH said:
Pretty lucky result for City. Should be 4-1 or 5-1... that was a class difference between both teams :)

Sorry City, but thats the end of the road...

You played well but its not over - we are a different class at home.

Maybe...
But Hamburg doesnt care. Last round vs Galatasaray 3-2 in "the hell" where several english clubs have lost over years.

Guess City will lose home(after long time) 1-2 or 2-3 just by counter attacks.
Remember that this style of football, to make the game in the own stadium isnt the game of Hamburg. Hamburgs main tactic is to counterattack with the super fast attacker/winger Olic/Petric - Jansen(today leftback)/Trochowski.

Hamburg rarely lost vs a side which is going for a goal and doesnt just defend with 10 players simply by counter attacking.

Everything is possible but honestly i cant see much hope for City with this kind of slow defenders vs the runs of Hamburg.

Joe from HH said:
PowderBlue said:
Joe from HH said:
Pretty lucky result for City. Should be 4-1 or 5-1... that was a class difference between both teams :)

Sorry City, but thats the end of the road...

You played well but its not over - we are a different class at home.

Maybe...
But Hamburg doesnt care. Last round vs Galatasaray 3-2 in "the hell" where several english clubs lost over years.

Guess City will lose home(after long time) 1-2 or 2-3 just by counter attacks.
Remember that this style of football, to make the game in the own stadium isnt the game of Hamburg. Hamburgs main tactic is to counterattack with the super fast attacker/winger Olic/Petric - Jansen(today leftback)/Trochowski.

Hamburg rarely lost vs a side which is going for a goal and not just defend with 10 players simply by counter attacking.

Everything is possible but honestly i cant see much hope for City with this kind of slow defenders vs the runs of Hamburg.
This is what we can do at home:
<a class="postlink" href="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-1376404845649645616&hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://video.google.com/googleplayer.sw ... 5616&hl=en</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footyfilms.com/footyvideo.php?vid=f384d7999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footyfilms.com/footyvideo.php?vid=f384d7999</a>

FFS! I'm optomistic but fucking hell! We better pull out the fucking goals at home that is all I have to say! If it had been 2-1 then maybe I'd be alright but fuck sake when I saw the 3rd goal I just skipped the rest of the game!

Greiver said:
FFS! I'm optomistic but fucking hell! We better pull out the fucking goals at home that is all I have to say! If it had been 2-1 then maybe I'd be alright but fuck sake when I saw the 3rd goal I just skipped the rest of the game!

WTF - Did you do the same against Gillingham?? You either support the fuckers to the bitter end or dont bother at all.

We can beat them at home and will do to go through. I saw enough tonight to know at home we have enough quality to beat them and go through. Even Martin Jol is quoted tonight as saying I wish we had scored one more.

WE WILL GO THROUGH

Just got back from two after-stadium beers, so here's my two or three Euro-cents:

The game:

Nice goal from Ireland to start things off, at that point a lot of people thought "are they really that good" (including MJ in the interview after the game), but the goal was put into perspective in the following minutes, where "der HSV" really pushed for the equalizer and more afterwards. I was especially disappointed by City's attempt to hold the 1-1 starting in 1H already. Given made some great saves tonight, but his constant and obvious time-wasting was quite disgraceful at such an early stage of the game.

Second half felt a bit like a one-sided match with one team hungry (Hamburg), and the other only sporadically willing to attack (City). I actually liked Ireland, as he reminds me of a more attacking De Jong. Robinho showed his extraordinary abilities in some scenes, but it amazed me, how he didnt get by Collin Benjamin more often (he's an aging Namibia (!) international, technically limited but wears many down over 90 minutes). On Hamburgs side I have to give Trochowski high marks, not only for the penalty ("ah, those fooking Germans again") and his two assists, but for him keeping things organised on the attacking side of the ball.

Atmosphere/Fans:

Hats off for the halftime singing/dancing from your fans, wasn't very loud (guess everybody was majorly pissed by then at the latest ;-) ) but still looked quite amusing. Overall I think it was quite good atmosphere in the stadium (even though obviously without the hatred and tension of a Bundesliga game), not sure whether some of that came through on TV.

Had some nice conversations with some Blues after the game, even though they were obviously gutted. But the weather was brilliant, the city full of friendly people (havent heard otherwise yet) and the beer flowing, so I hope everybody enjoyed their trip.

2nd leg in "Mannchister" (as some of you seem to call it):

Looking forward to this trip, obviously makes it a bit easier with some goals in the rucksack. Once you score an early one, there's always a chance, of course. But I cannot even remember us not scoring this season, as Olic, Petric and Guerrero have taken turns all season in all three competitions. (ok it was in Hannover on Nov 1, I looked that one up...)

One last question: are pubs and bars closed after 11pm like in London, or is there a chance of having a nice night out after the game in Manchester next Thu?

And now enjoy your Easter-weekend,
Hamburg1983

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.