Official Kaiser Chiefs vs Mcfc (Vodacom Final)

all last year and these 3 games city for me have no system of defending we never have 2 banks
four never double up on wingers and don't close down quick enough rant over. 6th spot next season unless we get some quality defenders in.

GStar said:
Saw a lot of positives from this tour:

The sheer class of hold up play, dribbling, pace and agility Adebayor will bring us
How under rated i believe Bellamy is
How De Jong and Barry seem to be building up a good understanding
Why 442 just doesn't seem to work with our squad
Weiss, whilst raw, deffinately deserves his place in our team
Vidal, looked promising
TBH has cut his hair

Glad somebody mentioned this. 442 just doesn't work for the kind of players we have. And that's much better to find out now than when the season starts.

bugsyblue said:
charliebigspuds said:
personally i couldn't give a f**k if little jimmy in SA does or doesn't want a city shirt, the same as i couldn't give f**k if we win or lose friendly's. Do you seriously believe that a squad with so many new player's and a manager trying different formation's is going to run all over teams? We need to be ready for Aug 15th not July 25th.

I personally couldn't give a sh*t about the 'brand' either mate. But our club does. And I support what the club wants.

To your point regarding the performance and the team needing time to gel, I understand that. But what I did expect today was a better performance than what we got. Simple as.

i expected better as well tbh,yes and im disappointed,but we will improve.

C_T_I_D said:
The rags are the premiership champions and they've had to come back from 2 - 0 down twice already. We lost to a team who scored and put everyone behind the ball, attacking where possible. Big deal, we had no Stevie Ireland who is the heartbeat of our creativity and we had no Carlos Tevez.

This consisted of a team including the likes of Tal Ben Haim, Javan Vidal, Vladmir Weiss - these are not going to be first team regulars anytime soon!

Adebayor had his first game in a City shirt and should have scored twice in my opinion. Petrov looked somewhere near back to his best and I hope he stays. His crosses could be a very big part in utilising the strengths of Manny and Roque. We're building our fitness up and then the goals will come - calm down and let the good times roll. Stop being such bloody drama queens for god sake.

You are obviously a big Petrov fan because I thought that he was pretty poor today. At one point in the first half he gave a good pass down the left to Adebayor who got to the ball near the corner flag and was stuck there. He held the ball up waiting for support with Petrov nowhere to be seen until we lost the ball. Whenever Petrov has played he always looks lazy to me.

NiceN Sleazy said:
danburge82 said:
This thread makes me question coming on this site as its making me dislike my own kind! FFS some of you are knobs, plain and simple, you are fucking knobs!

If you've got an exam and in your first few revision sessions you dont get a question right does that mean you're gonna fail the exam? NO! it just means you need to build up your knowledge to be prepared for the exam! we have got 3 weeks to prepare for the new season and even 3-4 games into that players and still finding their touch and legs!

IT WAS TRAINING, GET THAT INTO YOUR FUCKING HEADS!!!!!!!!

I do concur with this statement!:-)
Agree, however their is no problem dicussing the performance as it was presented, but to make long term assumptions based on this game is incorrect to do so.

celf said:
bugsyblue said:
I personally couldn't give a sh*t about the 'brand' either mate. But our club does. And I support what the club wants.

To your point regarding the performance and the team needing time to gel, I understand that. But what I did expect today was a better performance than what we got. Simple as.

i expected better as well tbh,yes and im disappointed,but we will improve.

Completely agree that we will improve too.

bert38 said:
Bossman Blue said:
I don’t understand why you thought that SWP was less fit than the others! Apart from anything he had a worse first half than second so how does his fitness or lack of it explain why he repeatedly gave the ball away.

Watching the game it was abundantly clear that he is behind the others in fitness. And that would explain his performance.

Sorry Bert but in what way was it obvious. I can be convinced that I missed something but please clarify your comment.

GStar said:
danburge82 said:
IT WAS TRAINING, GET THAT INTO YOUR FUCKING HEADS!!!!!!!!

Very good point.

When Barry exchanged shirts at the end, he was wearing a heart monitor around his chest.

I think we've basically slowing been looking to do the basics and build up to peak when the Blackburn game arrives.

We can't even do the basics so I don't know where we go from here.
The reasons Barry was wearing the heart monitor ?

He was one of very few who's heart rate would have actually risen as a result of making any effort.
He one of the very few who's got any heart !
Lucky they don't put monitors on their Balls isn't ? THey'd have trouble finding any amongst this lot.
Blackburm, Wolves and Pompey must be quaking !

Bossman Blue said:
C_T_I_D said:
The rags are the premiership champions and they've had to come back from 2 - 0 down twice already. We lost to a team who scored and put everyone behind the ball, attacking where possible. Big deal, we had no Stevie Ireland who is the heartbeat of our creativity and we had no Carlos Tevez.

This consisted of a team including the likes of Tal Ben Haim, Javan Vidal, Vladmir Weiss - these are not going to be first team regulars anytime soon!

Adebayor had his first game in a City shirt and should have scored twice in my opinion. Petrov looked somewhere near back to his best and I hope he stays. His crosses could be a very big part in utilising the strengths of Manny and Roque. We're building our fitness up and then the goals will come - calm down and let the good times roll. Stop being such bloody drama queens for god sake.

You are obviously a big Petrov fan because I thought that he was pretty poor today. At one point in the first half he gave a good pass down the left to Adebayor who got to the ball near the corner flag and was stuck there. He held the ball up waiting for support with Petrov nowhere to be seen until we lost the ball. Whenever Petrov has played he always looks lazy to me.

I'm not sure whether he's lazy or just a one trick pony.

listen this is pre season everyone still finding there feet in the squad and fitness still to be 100% yet start wineing in nov/dec if we are still the same witch we wont be ffs !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.