Official Kaiser Chiefs vs Mcfc (Vodacom Final)

Saw a lot of positives from this tour:

The sheer class of hold up play, dribbling, pace and agility Adebayor will bring us
How under rated i believe Bellamy is
How De Jong and Barry seem to be building up a good understanding
Why 442 just doesn't seem to work with our squad
Weiss, whilst raw, deffinately deserves his place in our team
Vidal, looked promising
TBH has cut his hair

The rags are the premiership champions and they've had to come back from 2 - 0 down twice already. We lost to a team who scored and put everyone behind the ball, attacking where possible. Big deal, we had no Stevie Ireland who is the heartbeat of our creativity and we had no Carlos Tevez.

This consisted of a team including the likes of Tal Ben Haim, Javan Vidal, Vladmir Weiss - these are not going to be first team regulars anytime soon!

Adebayor had his first game in a City shirt and should have scored twice in my opinion. Petrov looked somewhere near back to his best and I hope he stays. His crosses could be a very big part in utilising the strengths of Manny and Roque. We're building our fitness up and then the goals will come - calm down and let the good times roll. Stop being such bloody drama queens for god sake.

This thread makes me question coming on this site as its making me dislike my own kind! FFS some of you are knobs, plain and simple, you are fucking knobs!

If you've got an exam and in your first few revision sessions you dont get a question right does that mean you're gonna fail the exam? NO! it just means you need to build up your knowledge to be prepared for the exam! we have got 3 weeks to prepare for the new season and even 3-4 games into that players and still finding their touch and legs!

IT WAS TRAINING, GET THAT INTO YOUR FUCKING HEADS!!!!!!!!

bugsyblue said:
amehh said:
Thankyou, my point exactly.

Some people are never fucking pleased.

Weiss is a young lad, and at least he was trying to change the game. Ok so he does need to lear when to pass, when to shoot and when to try stepovers. But I remember seeing Tranny when he first played and he was the same. Fans slagging off a 19 year old lad for trying to beat a player is just stupid! Give the kid a break.

Agree with all the sentiments about the overall performance though. Not good enough.

Weiss tried and he made a good effort, and an impression in the short few minutes he played.

I suspect the clowns losing the plot are the gob shites who've been saying 'we're gonna win this, we're gonna win that' down the pub - and now they're gonna look the complete know nothing muppets they are and have to take a bit of stick. That's what they're really pissed about surely? It can't be about losing a pre-season friendly can it? Get a grip...

I think we need some perspective here guys,.....we played ok in parts, some of the moves down the left were good, defensively i thought we were solid for the most part, Barry looks a good technician in midfield, de Jong excellent in the tackle, Ade has obvious qualities.
Robbie is way behind in his fitness so dont judge him on that showing. Bells and SWP were dissapointing esp SWP who we all expect a spark from, but again its just a friendly.

I guess we are overly sensitive now like never before because we know SSN and tomorows oapers are going to hype it up as another defeat....where we were once a paragraph we are now headline news....but we need to get used to it. Also our excitement is like never before with all the signings but they will need time to bed in, FFS we still have Tevez and RSC and the new defenders to come in so things will improve dramatically IMO...

The old firm games will be more of a barometer on our shape, tactics, fitness than these warm up games which were against very aggressive and physical sides, not your usual friendly games.......................

Judgement should be on hold..........

charliebigspuds said:
bugsyblue said:
I don't why people are unhappy about fans saying we weren't great today? Because we weren't!

And for those of you shouting it's only a friednly, well tell that to Gary Cook who is hoping we spread the 'brand' around Africa. Cos the kids aint going to be asking daddy for a city shirt after that performance!
personally i couldn't give a f**k if little jimmy in SA does or doesn't want a city shirt, the same as i couldn't give f**k if we win or lose friendly's. Do you seriously believe that a squad with so many new player's and a manager trying different formation's is going to run all over teams? We need to be ready for Aug 15th not July 25th.

I personally couldn't give a sh*t about the 'brand' either mate. But our club does. And I support what the club wants.

To your point regarding the performance and the team needing time to gel, I understand that. But what I did expect today was a better performance than what we got. Simple as.

Bossman Blue said:
Posting a comment giving a view on good and bad performances does not mean anyone is panicking. To say it was only a training game is no excuse if a City 11 put their coats down in a car park for a kick about they should be trying to win. They were trying to win today and some players were not good enough.

Exactly
"TOP" teams only see games as a chance to win - not strut about like our posers. Hopefully Ade & Tevez will instill in these twats what is is to actually be a winner on the football pitch, rather than at the Bentley dealership.
This game showed EXACTLY why we need to break the bank for Terry - Chelsea played Seattle the other night didn't they?
In a "pre - season "Training" game.
They WON.
It's a mind set, a mentality that we don't have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.