Official Manchester City v Newcastle United thread

Thought we did well first 20mins and on the whole kept the ball well, they got better as the game went on but I think we were comfortable. Newcastle didn't look like much of a threat especially afer losing Owen and Barton - That will cost them in the long term and think they will be looking over their shoulders at the relegation zone.

the lineup got me thinking:

Hart
Bridge - only second game (and looked very good)
Kompany - doesnt usually play centreback (but can, did well and good captain)
Onouha - not a regular starter
Richards - doesn't usually play fullback (but wants to, and looked nervous)
Zabaletta - doesn't usually play def mid (but can and again did well)
De Jong - debut, coming back from injury (worked hard and looked good)
SWP
Ireland
Robinho
Bellamy - debut, did well worked hard (ended up offside alot but others not used to his runs/pace)

My point is, it's a changed lineup from earlier in the season but we were comfortable and solid with it and the players we have are adaptable. Once Bellamy settles and the the attacking three make use of his pace we'll be dangerous. I was sceptical of his signing and still think we need an old-fashioned "big man" up front, but we have options now

pee dubya said:
mcfcnorthstand said:
I shook Stephen Ireland's hand last night after the game as he was stuck in the traffic in a rather fetching white car.

Man - 'What kind of car was it?'

Woman - 'A white one'

You big girl! ;-)

I was pisssed out of my face , so thats why it was a white one, tihnk it was a lamborghini or sumet like that

PS I may be big but im not a girl ;o)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.