Official Manchester City v Newcastle United thread

i liked Vince at the back too. Nice to see us passing out of the back again and even hart playing it out short. I would prefer 2 up front as it would pressure the opposition further up the pitch but all in all 3 good points.

Watched the full match on TV and, with the exception of fifteen minutes in the second half, we were dominant. The standouts for me were Zabaleta and Ireland. Onuoha, Robinho and Bridge also played really well (despite Bridge's part in their goal).

If I have one criticism it's that there were too many little flicks and tricks when we were going forward. With a bit more direct play we could have killed the game off in the first half.

Oh and why does Richards, one of our fastest players over the last few years, suddenly look like he's running in treacle? He got roasted on more than one occasion.

Good debuts for De Jong (especially first half) and Bellamy (especially second half) too.

Back up to 9th and all in all a bloody good day at the office!

Gelsons Dad said:
i liked Vince at the back too. Nice to see us passing out of the back again and even hart playing it out short. I would prefer 2 up front as it would pressure the opposition further up the pitch but all in all 3 good points.
I actually thought he looked shaky today for the first time. He had a touch of the 'Dunne's' about him at various points.

Wooderbeen said:
Gelsons Dad said:
I actually thought he looked shaky today for the first time. He had a touch of the 'Dunne's' about him at various points.
That the symptom of the player who try too much in the 1st captain's role in the City shirt. But I'm quiet certain that he will be back to his class for the next few matches.

bluethai said:
Wooderbeen said:
Gelsons Dad said:
That the symptom of the player who try too much in the 1st captain's role in the City shirt. But I'm quiet certain that he will be back to his class for the next few matches.
I believe you may be right.

Just got back and it was a great result 2-1 flattered Newcastle as they really are shite.
Good game for all, Robinho was good but seemed to lack a bit of confidence when in a position to go it alone.
Good debut's for Bellamy and De Jong, Zaba had another stormer.
No sick chanting or eggs thrown lol good night all round.

Nice one City

Stoke you are next!

I think overall it was very good performance. When you think Bellamy had his first start. De Jong who needs matches and Zabaleta in only his 2nd game played together in midfield. Then at the back a new partnership in Kompany and Onuoha, with Bridge only playing his second game for quite a while.

With more games together and De Jong and Bridge gaining fitness, this team will get stronger has the season goes on. Also I thought Elano played a very good cameo role when he came on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.