Official Manchester City v Newcastle United thread

Good result today although I feel we should have won by a few more, Newcastle are a very poor team but we let them back in it towards the end. I think we're making progress though that we was able to hold on to a lead.

I think the two centre halves had a great game again and are creating a good partnership. Richards and Bridge were solid. We looked a lot stronger in midfield today with Zab and de Jong and only looked to be troubled when they both went off and we relied on Headless. Great debut by Happy Gilmore, took his goal well and ran their defence ragged. Robinho was quiet but a great through ball for SWP's goal. SWP look's to have lost all his confidence to run at his full back and i've noticed it the last few games now, whether MH has told him not to or he's still not match fit I don't know.

My ratings:

Hart - 6.
Richards - 7.
Kompany - 8.
Onuoha - 8.
Bridge - 7.
SWP - 6.
Zabaleta - 8 (MOM).
de Jong - 8.
Ireland - 7.
Robinho - 7.
Bellamy - 8.

Elano - 6.
Fernandes - 5.
Caicedo - Not on long enough.

By the way did anyone else see Garrido celebrate Newcastle's goal when Bridge fucked up as he was warming up?

Hollywood Blue said:
How did Jonas not get sent off?
Fucking unbelieveable.

I could have sworn I saw the referee pull the red card out before changing his mind.

Not the best performance, should have been much more comfortable, but three points all the same. And two very good debuts.

dazz46 said:
the stats showed to be a lot more dominant than it looked
60% to 40% and 7 corners to none
if we had someone to hold the ball up with bellamy it would have been even better

Good post. nail , head etc.

Bellamy was fantastic tonight but was too sall to make any impression on aerial ball from Hart. he would benefitv from a big strong strike partner to hold up these sorts of balls .
Either that or you play the whole thing on the ground through midfield, which means that we have got to increase the amount of running off the ball that we currently dio and be more positive in slotting passes through.

dom said:
dazz46 said:
the stats showed to be a lot more dominant than it looked
60% to 40% and 7 corners to none
if we had someone to hold the ball up with bellamy it would have been even better

Good post. nail , head etc.

Bellamy was fantastic tonight but was too sall to make any impression on aerial ball from Hart. he would benefitv from a big strong strike partner to hold up these sorts of balls .
Either that or you play the whole thing on the ground through midfield, which means that we have got to increase the amount of running off the ball that we currently dio and be more positive in slotting passes through.
But I want Bellamy, SWP and robinho in a forward line together. wouldn't want to drop nay of them, or move Sturridge further down the pecking order

Newcastle were dogged, but we were comfortable, without really clicking

I liked the way we pressed the ball all over the pitch. A repeat of the Wigan show.

Now we've got to start performing away from home, but Stoke awy presents some unique problems with crosses and set pieces, plus a lot of physical football which will be a shock for some players

Sorry to be down-beat but we were playing a really poor side, lacking any cutting edge. We should have scored 4-5 goals rather than just two. We really need a dynamic midfield general and a tall mobile striker to strengthen our attacking options. Diego and RSC would do nicely. Saw RSC come on as a late sub last night and earned Fat Sam a penalty.

My Player Ratings

Hart 6
Richards 6
Kompany 9
Onuoha 9
Bridge 7
DeJong 7
Zabaletta 8
swp 8
Ireland 8
robinho 7
Bellamy 9 Man Of The Match

Elano 7
Fernadez 5

I felt sick when that challenge went in on Sweep. It was right in front of us and the sound his skull made was not good. How it wasn't a red card I will never know.

mcfcnorthstand said:
I shook Stephen Ireland's hand last night after the game as he was stuck in the traffic in a rather fetching white car.

Man - 'What kind of car was it?'

Woman - 'A white one'

You big girl! ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.