Official Manchester City v Wigan Athletic thread.

kevinmcfc said:
Halfpenny said:
Just got back.
Halfpenny said:
I remain hopeful and I think we might scrape a 1-0 against our usual bogey team.
Well my psychic powers are remarkable.
Referee was an absolute twat, Zabaleta was in his element in midfield. Richards was a lot better. Dunne's sending off was harsh.

No, No, No, Dunne was deserving of his sending off today. He let the team down once again. He has had far too many chances at city, hopefully that is the last we see of this second rate defender.
He was badly fouled and simply reacted angrily in the heat of the moment. He has been a wonderful servant for this football club and needs to stay at least until the end of the season.

Great battling performance, and a much needed result.

Nedum, Zabaleta both quality. Good signs from Bridge, Sturridge.

Well pleased with that, but it was a hard game to watch. I was sure we were going to concede (and probably should have)

Ref was a twat, I thought he was a bent twat, but I think he could have given them two penalties so he's just an incompetent twat.

moomba said:
Great battling performance, and a much needed result.

Nedum, Zabaleta both quality. Good signs from Bridge, Sturridge.

Well pleased with that, but it was a hard game to watch. I was sure we were going to concede (and probably should have)

Ref was a twat, I thought he was a bent twat, but I think he could have given them two penalties so he's just an incompetent twat.
well said on all points as usual moomba

lionheart said:
kevinmcfc said:
Halfpenny said:
Just got back.
Halfpenny said:
I remain hopeful and I think we might scrape a 1-0 against our usual bogey team.
Well my psychic powers are remarkable.
Referee was an absolute twat, Zabaleta was in his element in midfield. Richards was a lot better. Dunne's sending off was harsh.

No, No, No, Dunne was deserving of his sending off today. He let the team down once again. He has had far too many chances at city, hopefully that is the last we see of this second rate defender.
He was badly fouled and simply reacted angrily in the heat of the moment. He has been a wonderful servant for this football club and needs to stay at least until the end of the season.
well said, that sums it up best imo.

bluetoo said:
The table looks a WHOLE lot better now.

i noticed that also. He also looked really sick after Kamara reported we had scored.

The amount of times they got the commentry wrong today, with incorrect players (i know merson does this also all the time) was probably worst i have seen.

One time he said lets goto the City ground then went to kamara, then said Robino chipped ball over Joe hart but wigan defended got back to clear.

Stick to full time countdown i think for him, imagine him having Merson as the brains on that show to discuss words lol

Lee

Happy as f*ck with that today, even more so than the Portsmouth game!

Micah where he should be, Bridge look good, Zab (bite in midfield) and Kompany was awesome!

Brilliant performance today, probably the most important result so far this season.

My ratings:

Hart - 6, didn't have much to do, and when he did he did his job.
Richards - 7, looks a lot better at right back.
Dunne - 6, was having a steady game until his moment of madness.
Onuoha - 9, played a blinder today, dealed with the troublesome Heskey very well.
Bridge - 7, first time all season i've felt comfortable at left back, dived in a bit at the end but otherwise defended well against Valencia.
Kompany - 8, was having an average game until he moved to centre half where he was class.
Zabaleta - 9, like a fish out of water in the first 20 mins, but after that he sorted himself out and put in one of the performances of the season, put his life on the line today, great goal and deserves MOM.
Elano - 8, great game today, always wanted the ball and even got stuck in a fought for it today, he's been given a second chance by Hughes and looks to be taking it.
SWP - 6, wasn't at it today, but I think he's very unfit tbh.
Robinho - 7, like SWP wasn't his usual self but towards the end he held the ball up brilliantly.
Sturridge - 6, nice touches and passes here and there but I think he's needs another striker up there with him to see his best.

Garrido - 6, shits me up still but I won't be too harsh on the lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.