Official Manchester City vs Hamburg Thread (2nd Leg)

Now is the time to step up to the plate, the passion of the fans is clear to see, it is up to the players to respond.

Rammyblues said:
Hope we can do it but the head is starting to rule the heart and with Big phil in the team I think we are fecked!!!!!! Dunnie is not going to be able to resist himself in hoofing the ball up to Big Phil. I can see MR strolling back to the defence having lost the ball in the opposition half with poor Elano trying to tackle at right back. (Puts head in hands and sighs and tries to be positive but finding it very difficult)

Somewhere in here is your answer to your problem with Dunnie

I have taken this off another forum i go on, so alphonso speak

"Berko, for a fella who claims to know sod all about tactics, your analysis in the first paragraph reproduced above is spot on. If you analyse a little deeper I think you'll find that it isn't the whole of the back 4 that do this, it is the RHS with Micah the main culprit. Micah just doesn't seem confident in his first touch and seems to need a couple more, he treats the ball as though he's afraid that it might be alive and could do something nasty to him. He pussy foots around for a bit and then taps it back from whence it came, usually the big Irishman. This fear is soon smelled out by the opposing forwards who press on him all of the time thereafter. Dunnie is sometimes a little prone to this and usually ends up being the hoofer because he's left with no other option. The same does not happen with Onuoha and Bridge, or Garrido either, nor Kompo when he played CB. All of those players seem far more comfortable on the ball than Micah; Garrido in particular caresses the ball, treating it like a friend, and both he and Bridge look to switch defence to attack and pass the ball forwards. "

I hope you notice the wording and sensible talk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.