Official Manchester City vs Hamburg Thread (2nd Leg)

Bellamy has been ruled out for thursday and looks like Benjani will be too. is it time to Play Robbie upfront as a striker rather than stuck on the wing. lets get him where he can hurt them most and hopefully get his goal scoring touch back my team Vs Hamburg would be

Given

Zab Dunne Ned Bridge

Kompany

SWP Ireland Petrov

Elano

Robbie

Its attacking but we cant afford to play defensive have to be hitting them from kick off. any thoughts?

If we go too attacking from the off they will kill us. I'm not saying we should be overly cautious but if we come out with a gung ho mentality they will score and we'll be all but out. Injuries will play a big part.

----------------Given---------------
Zabaleta ---Dunne---Onouha---Bridge
---------------Kompany-------------
SWP------Elano-----Ireland----Petrov
------------------------------------
---------------Evans----------------

Or...

---------------Given-----------------
Onouha---Dunne----Kompany--Zabaleta
-------------------------------------
SWP------Elano-----Ireland------Petrov
----------Robinho---------------------
-------------------Evans--------------

cheeseburger said:
stonerblue said:
I know it's early in the day but wouldn't 1-0 be enough for us to go through on away goals rule. Or does aggregate score come into play first ?
Away goal are only important, when the aggregate score is a draw.

Hamburg has scored in the last 21 consecutive games. Hamburg will score in COMS too, so it will become hard work for you to pass into the semis. If you managed that, fairplay and all good luck. But after last night, i'm pretty confident for my HSV. Big Martin Jol know how to play in the City.

Thanks Cheese. 5-2 to us then..

Been looking forward to this for weeks. Not just the game, but visting the stadium, the trip over and day out in Manc as well. Always a good laugh on European away matches.

Your away goal worries me, as it'll give you the encouragement and might also cause some of our players to be a little complacent. I think we'll lose this game, but optimistic that we'll still go through overall though.

2-1 City, I'd say. With a last minute Guerrero header causing chaos in the away block. Sorry lads ;-)

I really want to believe that we'll beat them 2-0 but I just can't shake the feeling that because we have to go out for a win that we're going to leave big holes for them to exploit which they've already proved they are very good at. I want to be positive but 30+ years of supporting City has knocked it out of me :-(

Cheesy said:
I really want to believe that we'll beat them 2-0 but I just can't shake the feeling that because we have to go out for a win that we're going to leave big holes for them to exploit which they've already proved they are very good at. I want to be positive but 30+ years of supporting City has knocked it out of me :-(

Head. Exactly. But only 15 years.

Heart. 4-1 win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.