Official Manchester City vs Hamburg Thread (2nd Leg)

All out attack for me!

Given
Zab
Dunne
Ned
Bridge
Kompany
Elano
Rob
Ireland
SWP
Sturridge

petrov on bench if needed

City 1-1 Hamburg
We'll take an early lead courtesy of Wright-Phillips giving us hope of going through before we get awarded a penalty in the 80th minute. Robinho steps up and shockingly misses the penalty. City then hit the bar/post a further 6 times in the last 10 minutes before Hamburg break and Dunne scores a trademark own goal to end our UEFA Cup hopes.

--------------Given-------------

--Micah---Dunne(shit!)---Ned---Bridge

-------- Kompany----Ireland---------

--SWP--------Elano------Robbie---

-------------Sturridge--------------

sub) petrov, etc...

3-1 or 2-0

SHAY
RICHARDS
GARRIDO
DUNNE
NEDUM
-------
SWP
PETROV
IRELAND
ZABALETTA
ROBINHO
---------
CHED

1-1 just not good enough im afraid to say against a strong Hamburg side

This is our time and thursday we will win and go through to the Semi-Finals! It won't be easy and it never really is easy. We must stick together and sing our hearts out for a full 90+ minutes! This is our chance to shine and prove the critics wrong and end the "Typical City" drama! With our current injuries, this is the formation that I would prefer and that we are likely to play!

Tactical Points:

- I think it is vital that we don't play with a lone striker up front because we aren't that kind of team! However we don't exactly have the talents of 2 great chemistry strikers either. So a Sturridge/Robinho relationship could work like it did in the Blackburn game!

- Bridge will most likely not play and if he doesn't I would play Garrido because he has looked much calmer and efficient in that position. Plus in a 4-3-3, Ireland has the likes to back track if needed, as well as Kompany.

- Richards has been much better but the last 2 games we have crumpled on the right side so with the 4-3-3 we have a versatile player ahead of him who can also defend and attack! IF I had my choice I would move Zabaleta to RB and sub in Elano.

- I beleive a 4-3-3, or a 4-4-2 is the best option for us to play. I think we need to stay calm and be possesive and work their team and open them up. Then we should play our flair game with the speed we have! With a 4-3-3 we have the versatile players who can back-track in the midfield and make brilliant attacking plays.

- Valuable subs will most likely include those of Bellamy/Elano/Petrov.

- There is a good chance Elano/Petrov could start if that is the case my formation would change.

My Formation: 4-2-1-3

---------------Given------------------

----Zab----Dunne----Ned---Bridge-----

----------Kompany---Ireland-----------

----------------Elano------------------

---Shauny----Sturridge------Robinho---

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Likely Formation: 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1

-------------------------Given-----------------------------

----Richards------Dunne--------Nedum-----Bridge/Garrido---

--------------Zabaleta----------Kompany/Ireland-----------

---Shauny---------Bells/Ireland/Sturridge------Robinho------

-------------------Bellamy/Sturridge------------------------

---------------------GIVEN--------------------

--ZABLETA------DUNNE----ONHOUA-----BRIDGE-

--SWP--------IRELAND------KOMPANY----ROBINHO-

----------------ELANO----------------------

-----------------CAICEDO----------------

Let Kompany act as the defensive midfielder who protects that back four. Just keep him there patrolling things and let SWP, Ireland, Elano and Robinho get forward as much as possible.

Head says - We are no match for them technically, they score every game and are just in each and every way better.

Heart says - Fantastic, Legendary night to go up their with the 5 - 1; Spurs 3- 0 down ; Dickov etc. 3 - 0 with two from Robbie and one from Ireland.

Typical City says - Brave, Heroic failure. Bound to be the first "Howler" from Given, 2-1 or 3- 2 or 2-1 to us with the Kitchen sink being thrown before it trickles through Shays Legs late on.

4-4-2 to start off, two wingers terrorising there full backs and 11 players who will put in the effort, try and get a goal or 2 up and then bring on the luxuries to increase the score like the Hull and Pompey games. Only need one defensive midfielder at home and especially since we have to win this so much. Take Petrov off after about 60 mins. And i've got Hamann on the bench for his european experience and calm head if we are defending a lead.

My team:

..................Given....................
Zabaleta...Dunne...Onuoha...Bridge
SWP...Ireland....Kompany...Petrov
.........Evans......Sturridge.........

Subs: Hart, Richards, Robinho, Elano, Caicedo, Hamann, Weiss.

City 3 (Sturridge, Petrov, Robinho) Hamburg 1 (Olic).

City win 5-4 on penalties.

Come on lads and lasses, let's get behind the boys and make as much nosie as we can, that team means nothing if we don't show up, let's be the twelth man and send us through to the semis. CTID. Keep the faith.

............................................................GIVEN..........................................................

ZABBA........................................DUNNE................NEDUM..................................BRIDGE

SWP..........................................KOMPANY............IRELAND................................PETROV

.............................................................ROBBIE........................................................

...........................................................STURIDGE......................................................

4-1 CITY 4-0 AND CRUISING HAMBURG GET 1 WITH 5 MINS TO GO AND ALSO HIT THE BAR AND GIVEN SAVES A PENALTY IN THE 3RD MINUTE OF INJURY TIME MANCHESTER ROYAL HAS 30 HEARTATTACK VICTIMS IN A&E COME ON CITY

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.