Official Manchester City vs Hamburg Thread (2nd Leg)

Hamburg1983 said:
rhysmcfc said:
To our German friends, what's the odds of Trochowski starting? He absolutely tore strips out of Hoffenheim when he came on, and looked pretty good against us.

Pretty much 100%, the only guys not making the trip are Collin Benjamin (who played well against Robinho) and Guy Demel (didnt play anyways).

The team will look sth like this:

Rost - Jansen, Gravgaard, Mathijsen, Boateng - Aogo, Jarolim, Trochowski, Pitroipa - Olic, Guerrero (Petric)
collin benjamin is a cheat

edit:
i just watched the highlights and im thinking of someone else i think.

do you not think that the agragate score should be 1-1?

first of all, the corner that got hamburgs first goal came from a free-kick that should never have been given, second of all, the penalty, if you were stood in the way of a guy who was going to over head kick a ball in your direction, you would put your hads up uncontrollabley, richards did that because he knew it was a shot so he tried to get his hads out the way, so if the shot was on target it would have either gone past richards or hit his midrift, the fact that it hit his arms when the shot was taken from that distance suggests that it was going quite a bit over the bar.

but hey, whats happened has happend and we were lucky not to have more goals put past us so lets concentrate on the home leg.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo for Hamburg!!!

2 - 0 to the boys in blue.

My team would be:

------------Given-----------
Onouha Dunne Kompany Bridge
SWP Ireland Zabaleta Petrov
----------Robinho----------
----------Vassell----------

I know Vassell is not prolific or exactly world class but he puts in a shift, is quick, and you know he will chase everything. I'm not convinced with Sturridge (It didn't work in the away leg), and i don't feel Ched is up to the job.

We could start with Petrov or put him on the bench and start with Elano.

Whats your verdict guys?

I'm assuming Vince & Bridge are out. I'm not sure Micah really warrants a place in the side at the minute, so if Vince does make it, Zab to right-back. SWP not making it would be a HUGE blow. Elsewhere, i think i'd start with a big guy upfront, despite Filipe not really impressing. I think Sturridge should get a game, but we can't play them all. Petrov's not fit yet, so i'd go with Elano linking up with Robbie on the left(ish). If SWP's not fit i'd switch Ireland to the right, Elano inside and Sturride on the left.

....................Given.............
Richards...Dunne...Ned...Garrido
SWP.....Zab.....Ireland.....Elano
............Caicedo...Robinho.......

SUBS: Hart, Berti, Gelson, Petrov, Etuhu, Sturridge, Evans

keemcfc said:
---------------Given---------------
Richards--dunne--onuoha--Bridge

----------Zab-----Komps----------
--------------Ireland--------------
SWP---------------------Robinho

-------------Caicedo-------------

loosing subs:

petrov on for robinho,
bojinov on for a right footed defender,
if were desprate then elano on for zab,

winning subs:

garrido on for robinho,
How many times do some people on here need to be told. BOJINOV CANNOT PLAY...it makes me wonder if they are genuine City fans or just idiots who like to see their opinions in print..

pardoe said:
I'm assuming Vince & Bridge are out. I'm not sure Micah really warrants a place in the side at the minute, so if Vince does make it, Zab to right-back. SWP not making it would be a HUGE blow. Elsewhere, i think i'd start with a big guy upfront, despite Filipe not really impressing. I think Sturridge should get a game, but we can't play them all. Petrov's not fit yet, so i'd go with Elano linking up with Robbie on the left(ish). If SWP's not fit i'd switch Ireland to the right, Elano inside and Sturride on the left.

....................Given.............
Richards...Dunne...Ned...Garrido
SWP.....Zab.....Ireland.....Elano
............Caicedo...Robinho.......

SUBS: Hart, Berti, Gelson, Petrov, Etuhu, Sturridge, Evans

I like your formation but if what I hear is correct then it might look a bit more like this!

.....................Given..................
..Richards...Dunne..Ned....Garrido..
..Elano..........Ireland.....Petrov.....
...........Sturridge....Robinho.........
................Caicedo....................

Thats with SWP, Kompany, Bridge, and Zabaleta all out! I just don't want to see either Etuhu or Gelson starting! So that is why Petrov is playing! Though from the looks of the midfield we got 2 people who will track back, Elano will make a few efforts but for the most part it might be up to the defenders. A more attacking side that obviously is at this point!

Caicedo to hold up the ball, Sturridge and Robbie get a few touches with support from the wing and back by some great attackers. Could be a revalation!!?!?!?! .... maybe!

There's no chance of play 6 attacking players surely?

We'd get torn apart. Trochowski and Petriopa vs Richards and Garrido. Olic and Petric straight up against Dunne and Ned?

No thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.