Official Match Day Thread: City v Stoke (Pt 2)

I just hope this game starts both Dzeko and Mario in front, and silva behind em, just to see how that would work if Tevez decides to leave. Doesnt get much better then this,nothing to loose really and still a lot to gain,last 2 games will be a treat

I really can't see Stoke being up for this one. They gave it their best shot on Sat and it backfired they are struggling with injuries and they have secured their place in the PL and now the Europa Cup. I will of course be some consolation to them if they could turn us over as revenge for Sat but I don't expect them to try too hard.

_______________Hart_______________
Zabaleta__Kompany__Lescott__Kolarov
___________Džeko__Balotelli____________

I would love to see how would this set up work...

No17 said:

It would win handsomely.

FantasyIreland said:
No17 said:

It would win handsomely.

That's why I'd like to see it :)

The result of this game depends entirely on Mancini's mindset before kick-off; is he content to finish fourth and go through the Champions League qualifiers, or does he want to push on and overtake Arsenal? Arsenal have a tricky away game at Fulham on the last day, but it is a game that they are more than capable of winning if they just discover an end product. If Mancini is happy with fourth, his choice of line-up could be:

Hart; Richards, Kompany, Boyata, Kolarov; Vieira, de Jong, Milner; Silva, Dzeko, Wright-Phillips.

However, if Mancini sees that third is well and truly in our hands, I feel he'll take a more attacking approach and overwhelm a deflated Stoke. We'll both be as tired as each other, but Stoke will be downbeat after Saturday's events. If Mancini wants to go for all three points and really hammer Stoke and do our goal difference some good, I feel he'll go with this:

Hart; Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Zabaleta; de Jong, Milner, Yaya Toure; Silva, Tevez, Balotelli.

Anyway, my prediction is that we'll win 5-0. We created enough chances to win by 6 or 7 on Saturday in the final, and if Begovic had been in goal that day, it may have been more of a convincing scoreline.

Any team we put out tomorrow will be strong enough to overcome Stoke. I do expect some changes in the team but still to be strong . Milner , Dzeko and Aj will certainly be in the team . This is the game where i want Dzeko to shine and maybe grab a double to get everyone off his back and get him full of confidence next year.

My team :

--------------------Hart----------------------
Zabaleta-----Vinnie K---Lescott--------Kolarov
-------------Milner------NDJ----------------
AJ----------------Silva--------------Balotelli
-----------------Dzeko--------------------

2-0 City , Dzeko and Milner to bag us the goals .

adrianr said:
I was jesting with a friend that this is so typical of City. Get 4th nailed on with 2 games to go, win the FA cup, don't need anything from our last two games of the season, we can all go to CoMS and just have a 90 minute song and dance, without a care in the world, followed by a lap of honor with the Fa Cup, smashing you say!!

Well, no. Now the match means something again. And we have to win, again. Blimey I mean, any let up? Just a little?

It's brilliant of course :D Just amusing. Just when we had a chance to have an easy ride as City fans, it's snatched away from us :p

Regarding this match anything can happen really. Cup hangover for City? Dejected Stoke? Resurgent 'you ain't beating us twice' Stoke? Storming 'We're having 3rd place and there's nothing you can do about it' City?

Wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in as many pairs of fresh legs as we can do. Milner certainly, Dzeko, SWP.. Presume Etherington will still be out, Huth may have gone a few steps too far on Saturday. Time to put the depth to test again I suppose, unless the players from the final are fired up and ready to storm on.

I could not have said that any better. There are so many possible scenarios as to what kind of City (or Stoke for that matter) team will turn up. The pessimist inside of me says a hung-over, literally or not, but recent results have begun to break my pessimist's streak!

MCFC BOB said:
The result of this game depends entirely on Mancini's mindset before kick-off; is he content to finish fourth and go through the Champions League qualifiers, or does he want to push on and overtake Arsenal? Arsenal have a tricky away game at Fulham on the last day, but it is a game that they are more than capable of winning if they just discover an end product. If Mancini is happy with fourth, his choice of line-up could be:

Hart; Richards, Kompany, Boyata, Kolarov; Vieira, de Jong, Milner; Silva, Dzeko, Wright-Phillips.

However, if Mancini sees that third is well and truly in our hands, I feel he'll take a more attacking approach and overwhelm a deflated Stoke. We'll both be as tired as each other, but Stoke will be downbeat after Saturday's events. If Mancini wants to go for all three points and really hammer Stoke and do our goal difference some good, I feel he'll go with this:

Hart; Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Zabaleta; de Jong, Milner, Yaya Toure; Silva, Tevez, Balotelli.

Anyway, my prediction is that we'll win 5-0. We created enough chances to win by 6 or 7 on Saturday in the final, and if Begovic had been in goal that day, it may have been more of a convincing scoreline.
Why would a manager who's judged by results not want to finish as high as possible?

And what happens to Mancini if we get knocked out of the play-offs next season?

Of course we'll go for it, but that doesn't mean we will win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.