Official Match Day Thread: City v Stoke (Pt 2)

Really cannot choose a team tonight, looking at the injury list. I would have liked to have seen Dzeko and Balotelli playing together upfront with width coming from AJ and prehaps SWP. Then see Tevez in the last 20mins as like many have said I would love him to get the Golden Boot award.

I would definatly include Milner and play him central. I'd probably go with...

-----------------Hart-----------------
Richards--Kompany--Lescott--Zabaleta
----------De Jong---Milner------------
A.Johnson-------Yaya---------Kolarov
----------------Dzeko----------------

I'm up for taking criticism on that team selection but my thinking is (with injuries) if Dzeko is the lone striker tonight then Zaba and Kolarov can work together up the left to get some crosses in. Also Milner and Yaya can switch there and both play box to box.

2nd choice would be get SWP in there, I'm sure he's rareing to go! He's still a favourite of mine and I would like to see him start, would do him some good and he can switch flanks with AJ

Is this match televised? Had a look around the channels and it dosnt seem to be

Essembe said:
MadchesterCity said:
----------------------------The wall-----------------------------
Dark Rush-----The Dominator---Punisher--------Kolarocket-
------------------Interceptor------Pitbull-----------------------
Ajinsky-----------------Wizards Sleeve----------The Nuts-----
-------------------------Argie Bargie----------------------------

Not a bad choice, but I would rename "The Nuts". How about "Box of frogs" !!!!

more like a factory of frogs on acid

The problem with playing Dzeko and wingers against Stoke is it really plays into their hands. They're a good aerial team. Unless those crosses are coming off the back off counter attacks where they're stretched and out of position. I don't really see Shawcross having much of a problem with Dzeko all night (would be good if Huth is out) to be honest. But whilst he's running around trying to stop Dzeko it's prime time for people like Tevez to nip through the gaps and hammer home. However if he isn't playing..

Would like to see Dzeko bag some more goals because he's scored a couple of crucial ones for us this season when we've needed him, and just because he seems like a generally reet nice chap.

Think this will probably be a bit of an anti climax in all honesty. Wouldn't be surprised to see a 0-0 of two half-dead teams slogging it out at one another, or a 1-0 either way. Stoke may just come and defend tight and deep for 90 minutes and try not to lose rather than try to win, wouldn't blame them if they did. I'm fully expecting a hungover Hart to make at least one hilarious major mistake tonight too :D

As long as we can keep a party atmosphere going for 90 minutes I'l be happy. I'm content with 4th, I just want a big end of season sing and dance :)

As others have said it would be nice for today's match to be meaningless in a way...but it simply is not (and that is a wonderful thing taking the long view). Third and fourth are not the same and I think we need to press on with as strong a team as possible and take all 3 points. I am sure there will be changes from the weekend but we need to take this seriously in my opinion.

I'd love to see Tevez and Dzeko have solid time together as they seem to link up well.

This is the most important game of the season, we can make the dream reallity and securing direct qualification to the Champions League....come on city

Tevez City said:
This is the most important game of the season, we can make the dream reallity and securing direct qualification to the Champions League....come on city

Come on Tevez

GerBlueBear said:
Really cannot choose a team tonight, looking at the injury list. I would have liked to have seen Dzeko and Balotelli playing together upfront with width coming from AJ and prehaps SWP. Then see Tevez in the last 20mins as like many have said I would love him to get the Golden Boot award.

I would definatly include Milner and play him central. I'd probably go with...

-----------------Hart-----------------
Richards--Kompany--Lescott--Zabaleta
----------De Jong---Milner------------
A.Johnson-------Yaya---------Kolarov
----------------Dzeko----------------

I'm up for taking criticism on that team selection but my thinking is (with injuries) if Dzeko is the lone striker tonight then Zaba and Kolarov can work together up the left to get some crosses in. Also Milner and Yaya can switch there and both play box to box.

2nd choice would be get SWP in there, I'm sure he's rareing to go! He's still a favourite of mine and I would like to see him start, would do him some good and he can switch flanks with AJ
Like this team, but I will move the players around a bit differently

Richards..Kompany...Lescott...Kolarov
...............NDJ.........Milner...................
...........SWP........Yaya...........AJ............
............... ........Dzeko.........................<br /><br />-- Tue May 17, 2011 11:55 am --<br /><br />------------------------Reflex------------------------
BullRush-----The Dominator---Air Control Tower---Boom-
-----------------Pitbull------Jackofalltrade----------------
-Danger mouse---------Human Blur----------Happyfeet-----
-------------------Smiling Boz----------------------------

Guess who's who?

Dax777 said:
------------------------Reflex------------------------
BullRush-----The Dominator---Air Control Tower---Boom-
-----------------Pitbull------Jackofalltrade----------------
-Danger mouse---------Human Blur----------Happyfeet-----
-------------------Smiling Boz----------------------------

Guess who's who?
Benjani-Mwaruwari-002.jpg

???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.