Official match day thread Everton v City

Losing 2-1 away to Everton who can fairly be considered a bogey team for us is hardly the end of the world. Yes we could have won but then we've won other games this season where we had to dig in and scrape through. The melodrama on this forum is so tiresome.

vinny had a shocker second half, dno how many times i've ever said that since he's been here, but completely misjudged the first goal

I f...k hate toffees, everybody critisising Stoke, but these cnuts are the same as them.
Biting,headbutting, kicking, tugging and nibbles all the way, play some f...k football, and
surprise surprise, they scored to headers, this happens every time we meet them.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhh

could and should have been out of sight first half, but we let them push us back second half and couldn't get going again.
surprisingly not too disheartened for some reason.
i suppose i half expected the result.

Vinnie had a poor game let's hope he's got it out of his system, Dzeko looked ok but I will welcome back Tevez for that extra bite up front, just beat Spurs on Tuesday and then we can relax for the FA Cup final.

That game was lost because those players on the pitch were not good enough to win . Was it a surprise to anyone that Everton were going to be in Mancini's players faces ? was it a surprise that once they got the bit between their teeth they wouldn't stop ? Most people on here knew that Everton would never lie down and accept going behind , how come Mancini and his highly paid gang of mercenaries didn't know ?
Don't blame Everton for wanting to win a game ... blame those who didn't want to win enough ! Maybe when players on obscene amounts of money realise that you have to do more than go through the motions in order to win tough games like today then maybe Manchester City will start to win the trophies that the money their owners have spent is justified .

Classic case of not good enough ! On many levels

same old same old, go ahead and the game is won !!! need someone to get them out of this thinking

gordonf said:
same old same old, go ahead and the game is won !!! need someone to get them out of this thinking

Dont agree, ok we could have done with a bit more urgency the last 10 minutes but I'd be more annoyed if we hadnt created the chances to win. Ay 1 - 0 up we still tried to play our game. Should have been 3 - 0 up before they scored, another day all of those chances will have gone in. Kompany's got his shocker out of the way before next week, he'll be the most annoyed out of all of us, will fire him up no end I'm sure.

Onwards and upwards blues

arthur said:
That game was lost because those players on the pitch were not good enough to win . Was it a surprise to anyone that Everton were going to be in Mancini's players faces ? was it a surprise that once they got the bit between their teeth they wouldn't stop ? Most people on here knew that Everton would never lie down and accept going behind , how come Mancini and his highly paid gang of mercenaries didn't know ?
Don't blame Everton for wanting to win a game ... blame those who didn't want to win enough ! Maybe when players on obscene amounts of money realise that you have to do more than go through the motions in order to win tough games like today then maybe Manchester City will start to win the trophies that the money their owners have spent is justified .

Classic case of not good enough ! On many levels

I can only assume from that daft post you didnt go its a game of football not MMA and if we had took 2 of the 10 chances we would have been out of sight 3rd best away record in the league we know how to play away and what to do Everton are a tough team and beat 3/4 of the top teams at home every year. Why slag your own team --- Muppet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.